Is Moira a trans or non-binary?

Well this thread is going about as well as I expected lol

3 Likes

Dang…

I forgot my popcorn machine at home…

^ This.

Coming from a straight woman who has a lot of masculine traits … it’s almost insulting to see so many people think that if a woman isn’t beautiful and feminine, she must be trans / gay / non-binary.

Not every woman wears high-heels, make-up, and giggles at jokes.

4 Likes

jeez how come noone can have a lgbt thread without people freaking out.

There’s a difference between liking something and believing you’re something that you’re not.

If she’s depicted as a woman and people ask if she’s trans, then that’s basically “what does she have in her pants”.

It’s part of her origin story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ETybQd4uRE Overwatch kicked her out because of her research methods and Blackwatch hired her behind their backs.

1 Like

most leaders of lgbt rights have been trans women. if it wasn’t for trans women gay people wouldnt have much rights. and the idea of there being only “men and women” is a western construct. most other cultures have several genders. youve have no right so call transness “a mental disorder”

1 Like

Google “Gender dysphoria”

2 Likes

Because, as someone said earlier, most people legitimately don’t care, but threads like these strike people as pushy about trying to force them to care about that stuff? It’s making an issue out of something people really couldn’t give a flying fart about, and that’s what actually bothers people. Blizzard could come out tomorrow and say “Hey BTW Junkrat got the hots for Roadhog” and the majority of people would not care at all. But that’s Blizzard, it’s their game.

2 Likes

Because all of these posts feel like they’re shoving an agenda or their livelihood on everyone in the game. It doesn’t matter what they are or anything, as long as it doesn’t feel forced. These kinds of posts make it feel forced.

Please, don’t.

1 Like

did you not hear me say that most cultures have multiple genders. and the idea of of trans people having to have gender dysphoira to be trans is pretty outdated. most recent studys have that gender is more complicated then just “girl and boy”. medicaldaily .com /challenging-gender - identity - biologists - say - gender - expands - across - spectrum-
rather - 323956 (take away the spaces)

couldn’t have said it better

This is an excellent point as well. A lot of the time when they suggest this stuff, players just latch onto whichever character seems to fit their desires and start pounding out requests for identity inclusion, when it doesn’t even necessarily fit the character. That’s why stuff like McHanzo, PharMercy, RoadRat, etc. are kinda annoying, because it’s disregarding existing lore and characterization to try to create some fan-fic of these characters instead of letting them evolve naturally and develop those identities as a meaningful and impactful part of their character

1 Like

You know you can just… Press the </> button and links will be presented like this

medicaldaily.com/challenging-gender-identity-biologists-say-gender-expands-across-spectrum-rather-323956

A curiosity on law: There are countries that recognized it as a disorder as a way to circumvent existing law, like their own Constitution, that prohibits people to willingly dispose of their own body parts and organs. By classifying it as a disorder and designating the surgeries as the only treatment, the legal issue was solved and trans people were able to get the surgeries without having their doctor arrested.

So, anyway, the “treatment”, at least in countries that do it this way, is taking hormones and going through a few surgeries. So, not shying away from the subject do not stop people from being “treated”, it was actually what allowed them to be “treated” to begin with.

I admit that it is hard, for me, to keep up with everything. But I just call people the way they ask me to call them, listen to what they have to say on the subject if they want to talk and done.

(“Treatment” between quotation marks throughout the post because I do not personally agree with the use of the word in this context, I’m talking from a legal perspective)

I took a look at that link with an open mind. I stopped reading at:
"Doctors can no longer definitively look at the pe*** or va**** of a new baby and congratulate the birthing mother with a cheerful “it’s a boy” or “it’s a girl.”
That article was clearly made by an idiot. The doctor doesn’t say that to say what they person will feel or act like as it grows older.

4 Likes

what makes you think most people don’t care? you aren’t the expert on what the rest of the world wants. and if people don’t care then why are they so against it. studies have shown the the amount of people on the earth who identify as gay range from 10 percent to 20 (thats not even counting the bisexual people or closeted people) those people would probally care

actually i know alot of people who would care if junkrat and roadhog were gay, since blizzard has hinted at it a bunch.

Same here, little bee.

But I’m personally against “forcing transidentity” onto a fictional character with already established lore.

2 Likes

Honestly, this is a stupid argument.

People can believe what they want. But there are 2 genders. 1 with a Richard. And 1 with a Sally.

The only one that’s strange is when there’s both, but that’s a completely different story.

LancerJayden doesn’t have any other arguments except social constructs. Not biology, not geneology, not even something as basic as hormones.

1 Like

what about people who are with both genitalia, what are they suppose to identify as huh? and you still haven’t said anything about how other non western culutres have multiple genders.