Is Mercy considered a throw pick now?

She is the only support with a negative winrate. Including Symmetra.

After having a positive winrate for how long?

That was sort of the idea behind her character, no?

Being the reliable healer who can solo heal if needed.

Toxicity happens everywhere, for every reason. People call even Genji a throw pick because of Brigitte while mind you, skilled Genji players can play around her.

I want to feel sorry but I cannot.

I have been asked to switch and being blamed to switch for over a year and people come out 3 days after the nerf on Mercy to look ‘wronged’ and ‘abused’.

Mercy players simply taste the mortality the rest of us support players have been experiencing for way too long because of this hero. Did any of them stand for Lucio or Ana ? Moira even ?

2 Likes

Since when?.

I just want to know it because devs never said anything about it.

Then why just don’t delete all the others supports and leave just Mercy?.

No, thats what Quickplay Mercy mains say its her “job”.

In reality, Mercy was intended to work decently in almost any composition, but excelled at one: pocketing a “carry”, y’know since the game released with her as the only main healer.

She was always a generalist hero.

1 Like

as long as Mercy can RESSURECT she will never be a throw pick.

1 Like

I picked her and no one batted an eye. In fact, I have played almost every support in comp since that patch.

Mercy is a skinny legend, she’ll always be relevant, dahhlings.

I guess because after the patch A lot of Mercy players were back to their mains; Lucio / Ana / Moira.

So now you have Ana- Lucio vs solo Mercy players or people who haven’t adjusted their play style with the new patch.

She is not really a throw pick, it’s just that if you pick her as a main healer/solo healer people will get mad at you since she can’t deliver much healing now. Yes, she has her OP move still on static CD (‘successful’ rework btw), but it’s not enough to compensate for the pure incompetence of the character itself. With the huge amount of DMG output that currently stands in the game Mercy as a main/solo healer is just bad. I’ve found myself having fun on Moira, even more on ana. They are both better healers and provide more dmg/utility. I think Mercy right now is in a worse spot than she was at season 1

Jeff said this on her original buff

Mercy’s healing is also getting a boost to solidify her role as a strong, single-target healer.

Trying to find more references to her being the best single target healer and supposed to be the most consistent.

1 Like

Back then she didnt have Valkeasy. Probably that’s why they are nerfing her. Too bad her avrg healing now is only 1.2k better than her avrg healing back then, when she didnt have valk.

I’ve received a lot of hate for playing her. Not even just like, “Hey can you swap off Mercy?” (Which is a fine thing to ask and I totally would), but actual abuse with name-calling, sitting in spawn, the whole 9-yards.

I think she’s fine up until around plat/diamond-ish, but after that the win rates show that Ana is typically the better pick.

I hate Valk so much. Wish we could get a new ult.

2 Likes

Single target… basically means a pocket healer not a solo team healer.

1 Like

No, she still has the strongest normal ability in the game and she still heals decently. I’d rather have a bad mercy than a bad Ana for example.

1 Like

nope i havent seen hate towards her any let alone received any. in fact last night one of my teammates swapped to her and we wrecked the enemy. i was ana on both def and atk our mercy was moria on atk and her on def. she’s far from a throw pick and her healing is still much more consistent than the others due to not having to aim esp with rez if it can be done.

1 Like

I think mass ress would be fine if we had 2400 points of ult cost + 60hps (that means that her res will charge as fast as Valk currently does (with the 50 hps nerf)) and we remove the granted to mercy immunity
That means it will punish bad uses, thus increasing her skill floor a little

I feel like we would then need a bigger accompanying rework on mercy for that to work out as mercy before the invuln was having problems with the mid fight.