Is Mei Balanced?

it punishes with death and ult loss.
i think its fair until u have a hero with an undodgable safe stun on a low cooldown

Okay, so who did the Zarya bubble, if the Zarya had bubbled a Rein for example, and in the midst of the storm, Rein can ult back and stun the team long enough for the Blizzard to end. Same goes with other heroes, to beat an ult, another ult can beat it back.

Theres a LOT of scenarios that can play out and not just the Mei ulted and its a teamwipe.

Also, how in the hell can 4 out of 6 teammates die when unless the enemy Mei’s team has their ults ready to use as well. So you cant really fault her if she used teamwork to stop the payload.

1 Like

That’s too much IMO, because a dead teammate could determine a win or loss fight, instead a loss ultimate automatically means a lost fight when instead has chances to be winnable. I found this pretty unfair

Lmao no, not EVERYONE.

Heroes who have a cast time like Tracer, Mei and Lucio can get interrupted mid cast and lose their ult.

Heroes who have transformation ult like S76 and Genji do not.

1 Like

ok.
when graved rein/orisa/winston/zrya/mei/dva/genji can shield his team, moira can escape and heal, bastion can just kill everyone.
no ultd required.

thy used teamwork? one ult that stuns everyone for a few seconds and deals 100dmg, u can have a mercy finish them all off, mei can do it by herself, yet the only counter you hve in bubbles+ults -> lost teamfight/20.

ive seen a lot of your comments, u seem to go around topics defend stuff people think are poorly designed or op/up like brig.

That’s a netcode issue probably

1 Like

oh ye ive had this even with normal projectiles, but i live in the third world so i dunno if its internet

I had this with the 10mbps, now i have 100mbps but even if ping is >50ms this issue could appear. Even with low pings it’s very likely to happen to lose the ultimate if is a projectile one

i have 300kbs :’(
ping is always 80+ here it seems like if u die ur projectile has a HUGE chance of not being registered bcz of the ping.

Yeah, try shielding when a freaking Dragon goes by you or Genji blades you to death. Moira would just be the only survivor and has to regroup back to her team. Which is why most of the time when it comes to grav, theres ALWAYS a combo, grav alone isnt effective, only when theres a followup.

A stun can only be effective until someone knows how to deal with it. Mei cant do it by all herself because most of the time, she either gets 2 ppls unless its all headshots then the enemy ults back and whoop. You keep saying as though when Mei ults, your mind completely goes blank. If your team gets wiped out by just 1 Blizzard, I think you need to reevvaluate your team.

Lmao, and I see your comments that you’re probably someone that got pissed they got killed by a hero once and demands nerfs. I didnt want to call an insult on you but you brought it up. I dont irrationally want nerfs for heroes I dislike, I try and adapt.

Just because you find things annoying, doesnt mean their broken. Annoyance does not equal broken. Broken was DF having a large hitbox that he could rocket punch you through walls. THATS broken.

1 Like

you just proved yourself wrong again.
a dragon is an ukt, u’ve went from 1 ult + team to 2 ult which includes a damage ult. it’s a totaly different topic regarding mei.

if you’re on the payload/point the ult will win, and it will be more consistant and less counterable then any other ability in the game, this is the point i’m making, and you’re just going off context trying to outsmart people :clap::clap::clap::clap:

how i think mei’s kit should be:
the wall, the icicle stay how they are, freezing becomes crippling like inara’s stone thingy and deals decent damage per second, and her ult should be like evie’s but it would completely stop you from moving.

1 Like

But everytime you keep bringing up Meis ult will always win, theres always going to be something in the way that changes that. You act as though the enemy becomes braindead the moment Mei ults. You think its all black and white, but its a gray area.

Oh my god, dude. We’ve had this conversation before, that cripple thing we talked about DOES NOT WORK for her. If we have another hero, then sure, they could have that but not Mei.

Dont change something youre not familar with.

I’m fine with a shorter duration, but only if enemies freeze faster in it.

It takes some time for enemies to get frozen in it giving the enemies the chance to use their mobility or invulnerability abilities to escape it.

This is why it’s a zoning ultimate. It’s being used to clear an area instead of getting kills like the ultimates of other DPS’ers. If you take power from its zoning abilities, then you should compensate this by making it stronger as a killing ultimate.

1 Like

Hell fckng no. She is easy as fck to play and already destroying most of the tanks. If she freeze people through shields dont expect anyone to play tanks like Rein and Orisa.

is this a fact? m pretty sure it will work better then her freez but this is my opinion.

it will always win on a payload/point on overtime unless u add counter play to it, and i would say make it last less or make it smaller OR make it something like: u must be in contact with the ice to get frozen a.k.a u can ride the payload to avoid getting rekt, and then we’d end up with a graviton situation which is better.

She is good now but she is a bug fest like Doom, if they take a look like they did to Rein, I will be happy.

3 Likes

She’s balanced except for 2 things:

• her icicles are absurdly hard to land due to being projectile and having a forced chargeup time that’s hard to account for when predictive aiming
  • her ult is still potato trash since 80% of players have a mobility to escape it every time

Reaper player saying Mei is easy… Oh jeez.

3 Likes

problem is if u ult on overtime it’s 100% a win

My only problem with her is that stupid lingering slowdown thing. It barely does anything except make her even more annoying. Remove that and I’m fine.