Is Lùcio's nerf good?

He’s still the only hero with any kind of speed boost.

I think it’s a fair nerf. They compensated him with buffs. He’ll basically be at the speed he is now when he walk rides, but you can go that fast with healing akind

He’ll be fine.

2 Likes
  • his amp is reduced to 50%
  • he himself isn’t really affected, as his wallride speed is buffed (also applies when he’s healing)

I know it sucks to have your main nerfed, sorry

It may be a response to the change in boop physics, speed boost and amp it up could launch a dva bomb half way across the map. Its ridiculous.

Im also a lucio main and i think these changes are fine, wont affect me as much as it does super high level play where the speedboost is abused. I was just nervous they would hit his heals so this is fine for me.

1 Like

Wait,can you boop a dva bomb now?

Dont worry at all he will still be a good pick in most situations, speed boost and aoe healing will be good in a lot of comps. his survivabilty should be increased with the wall ride speed on healing and the boop buff is insane. koth maps are gonna make reddit lucios breath even heavier.

To be fair; the only time Lucio wasn’t a meta option was when Mercy was broken

Other than that he has been in EVERY meta since Day 1

Double Lucio
Ana/ Lucio
Zen/ Lucio
Mercy/ Zen
Brig/ Zen/ Lucio

Only once did he drop; and even today he’s one of the only characters in Goats who isn’t swapped. Even Brig who people blame Goats on sees less playtime than Lucio.

2 Likes

Yea, i don’t think so ?
You can now boop the dashing D.Va mid-air easily but not her bomb.

Because of the change to air physics; you can speed boost D.va in the air while she ults and the Meka will also speedboost while flying during Self Destruct

No, but if you speed boost D.Va, she boosts and then uses her Bomb, it can fly across the map.

That’s more because he enables tank heavy comps by removing their mobility limitations, and has one of 2 defensive ultimates in the game. Every meta contains Zen or Lucio because they are necessary to counter other ultimates.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TransparentPerfectParrotKAPOW original post: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/d-va-boosters-affected-by-speed-boost/310096

YES it is good.
Lucio is a mustpick because of speed aura. If we keep the speed but do everything to destroy goats, it will be just dive or deathball.
So they nerfed the aura (and not really too harsh, check the stats below)
But they increased his wallride movespeed so he won’t fall in mobility. Actually, he will be even faster than now.

Current movespeed After change
Normal 5.5
Speedboost 7.15 6.6 (-7%)
Amp speedboost 9.35 8.25 (-12%)
Wallride heal aura 6.6 7.7 (+15%)
Wallride speedboost 8.58 9.24 (+7%)
Wallride amp speedboost 11.22 11.55 (+2%)

Source: Upcoming PTR patch discussion

Lucio is the glue that holds GOATS together.
With any other combination of healers the composition is not nearly as dominant, if lucio didnt exist, goats would be countered MUCH more consistently.
Lucio allows co-ordinated teams to close the gap between them and the other teams before the dps reasonably have a chance to kill anyone.
As a season 13 lucio main, im hurting too bro but it needs to happen.

Ok, I see … but I rarely use wallride during a push or a team fight, i only use it to contest point as long as I can or to come back to my team as fast as possible.
I’m not really into the GOATS comp, that’s why this nerf kinda bother me, I play Lùcio everytime on every circumstances.

It’s sad to see a hero as unique as Lúcio getting nerfed. But it is really good for the game to have speed be toned back a bit.

Honestly it’s a great nerf, he’s still the only character with speed boost and while his impact may be nerfed they’re making him even more fun with the wall ride buff.

Nuclear launch detected.

The boop change is a massive buff to him. That aside, yeah, Lucio is kind of broken. He needed adjusting badly.

Also a Lucio main and I’m fine with it! The Boop feels amazing!

And I think Goats is finally dead!