Is lucio getting a nerf? :(

I have heard that lucio is getting a nerf, but why? he is in a good position right now, I like the area that he is in currently.

Yea there is a thread that details the changes

2 Likes

He’s fine on his own as a hero. They’re nerfing his speed boost because of how good it is on tanks.

7 Likes

where is it? I cant find it

His speed boost is getting nerfed, but his wall ride speed bonus is being counterbuffed so his own mobility isn’t reduced.

It’s mostly targeted at very high ranks where speed boost makes him OP, lower ranks typically can’t utilize speed boost’s potential as much so he’ll still be around the same level for most players.

2 Likes

Oh thank god, so basically more speed on walls, less off walls?

Pretty much nerfing his speed boost because it’s key in GOATs, though making wall ride 40% faster to make him more of a better stable/annoying solo character. It’s a decent trade-off. Increase on Boop knockback solidifies this further.

They also buffed his Boop with the knockback changes

2 Likes

That seems to be the case. I haven’t tried it out yet, but I think Lucio players are basically fine with it

He’s roughly the same speed on walls with the speed aura on. But because the buff affects both auras- he’s faster on walls in heal aura compared to live.

1 Like

ok then, I’m fine. I basically one trick lucio though I can play dps like gengu. I stay more on walls than I do on the ground so i’m good

Speed boost, in general, is nerfed. But, he gains a buff on wallriding or wall jumping, so his speed while jumping, on speed song, is going to be the same, and the speed on healing song, while wall riding, is higher.

The ground speed on speed song is lower, and that affects the speed of his teammates. That avoids the situations in which all the attacking team enters in just one second in the point. Is to allow counterplay.

so essentially he is faster alone but slower when taxi-ing teammates right?

2 Likes

Yep. Same with current Zenyatta Orb nerf. It weakens the team, but doesn’t affect the character.

2 Likes

yup, that is the point of the nerf.

anyway, when lucio was reworked in season 2 or 3, he received a higher speed song because of the aura reduction. The aura was buffed later, so… if you compare ptr speed with rework speed is not that different, I think.

The important thing is that Lucio doesn’t feel slow if you wall ride properly

1 Like

Closer to “Same speed on walls, less speed off walls”

No. You’ll be a bit faster when you start wallriding, but you won’t be able to reach the same maximum speed you can now. Its a trade-off at best and it accompanies some nerfs, but i think this is good.

He’s literally the best hero in the game. A nerf was coming and it’s needed. If anything nerf speed boost more.

Lucio had it coming, he is the only hero who provides speed, and he can provide it to his entire team at once. On top of this, he has one of the best ultimates in the game and a short cd boop ability.

It looks fine to me, but It’s annoying having to re-learn mobility. He’s going to move slower through the air when he bounces off a wall.