Is it me? Stuck in Bronze

I don’t know if it’s smurfs or bad luck, but out of 20 or so games i’m going backwards down from ~ 1500 since the start of the season. (My last game which by the end i’m not sure how much impact I had we scraped a win. Ashe main Replay --> " VBMG85 " )

It feels like a lot of game I do a bunch of nice shots, then a genji, tracer, echo, or worse a pocketed Ferrah just hunts me down the rest of the game.

I don’t know, I feel like i’m at least an avarage player. I do start missing some shots when I start getting hunted but I dono. Maybe it’s start of the season bonk?

4 Likes

Some of it could be the trihards, or “bonk” as you put it, but it’s probably just people identifying a threat and attacking it. In my low-rank games I’m identified as a threat fairly quickly and then get focused. Humans can be adaptable when they want to be.

You’ll need to adapt to them or outplay them. There will be times when you’re just not good enough and will be dropped down, it’s happened to me too, but eventually you’ll come back up after a series of losses, with a series of wins. It can also be that it’s the weekend and playing on the weekend can be horrible sometimes… with the casuals and all that.

1 Like

if more than one person on the enemy team is chasing you down, you get more value the longer you can keep the chase going. The rest of your team is fighting a 5v4 or better, so they’re more likely to win the team fight.

4 Likes

It might sound weird but try watching a video on positioning. I started at bronze and played my way to plat just by hiding way more between shots. You’d be surprised how out in the open you are most the time. Good luck!

1 Like

If you are bronze (and have played at least 2 dozens of games) I could say almost for sure its on you, the difference between a average player (mid gold) and a bronze is tremendous.

Maybe you are hitting 1 or 2 shots but feeding, out of position, doesnt track ultimates or is predictable in your moves. Knowing how to move alone can quickly get you out of bronze because players at that rank have very low mechanics

I guess I should be alternating high grounds a bit more like a widow. One would think, having a 42% hit rate with Ashe, and 3.5 kills per death, while using what high ground and walls possible, and saving bob usually for pushes or holdouts, would be over Bronze play… But if you truly feel you are right, maybe give me pointer from the replay? :S

I’ll watch more as I go. Watched a lot of [Stylosa] :slight_smile:

I get stuck in bronze a lot. Or at least the last two seasons for sure. And I’m working hard in all my matches. I still halfway expect that it could happen if I dunno, the wind blows a certain way when I queue, cuz I’m willing to wait out a pretty long sample size.

wins are hard to come by . And when you catching them l’s . . .it can be real hard.

I would say everybody has to have their “want to” to do it. Queue comp.
I think grouping helps mitigate some of the strain, not that I’d have much experience with that.
But, When I did group, my odds were always improved though certainly never guaranteed.

And . . for groups. Well losing with people who are like minded Always beats losing alone. for sURE

Unfortunately, Bronze seems to be the only elo I had deep connections too cuz I doubt I spent even a hot minute in gold relative to the other two so I certainly stake no claim here.
I dunno.
It’s not much different than bronze as far as my game play experience. I still have fun. most of the time. Large part of the time.