Is Carpe Really an MVP?

I don’t know what blizzard believes an MVP candidate should be, but in my opinion its someone who has been very dominant in their roles and makes matches seem easy.

I strongly disagree with the fusion players being considered. You are not MVP if you keep going to map 5 and have the record on overtime.

Overall stats get padded with longer matches. Fusion has 2 candidates, yet have not won a tournament. Its not a prideful thing to have most kills in OT, that just shows the opposite of being a juggernaut.

I know the league has always had a bias for Carpe, and I’m not saying he is bad, but the league needs to stop with its favoritism towards this guy.

Let’s remember that due to Covid, Fusion ended up padding their record against some of the worst teams in the league. The real MVPs should be players from Dragons, Charge, and Shock.

3 Likes

So Fleta?

I can get behind a Fleta vote. This guy kinda deserved it in S1 also.

MVP in any league is generally not based on where your team finishes but pure stats or popular vote.

2 Likes

dafran should get the owl mvp for solqing to the valorant rank in valorant on stream.

1 Like

kekw people watching owl in 2020

1 Like

Might as well the game has become unplayable. And probably your last chance to see some good OW played.

Carpe!!!
I love Carpe. He deserves it.

1 Like

Hell yeah he is. He’s known for being the carry for his entire team.
Who else can say that?

2 Likes

I mean the MVP is the guy who is able to carry his team across the finish line. Having an overall stronger team around you and winning makes you less valuable (the V in MVP) than someone who has a weaker team around and is able to carry them across the finish line.

1 Like

Go watch Valorant loser lol

With how much Ashe we are seeing right now I’d rather vote for Bob.

He also has an insane 100% accuracy :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

OWL can be quite entertaining to an OW aficionado.

2 Likes

MVP kinda wack,

like that guy viol2t i think? currently suspend for toxicity and homophobia or something is still a candidate lmao

Which one will get me the coolest MVP skin?

Preferably for Soldier or Ashe but I am not picky.

Fusion has really strong players and their only weak link is their MT.

By that logic Fleta, Xzi, Crong, have weaker teams than Carpe and thus far makes them more valuable.

i admitedely havent watched a lot of Fusion games in the past month or 2…but i watched pretty much all their games early in the season…and carpe was pretty damn dominant…

i was saying since very early on that carpe had my MVP vote he was playing so well…

1 Like

Ngl watching Valorant is at least good for snoozes, owl is not even that

imagine thinking carpe doesnt deserve MVP.

I’m surprised Viol2t is a candidate despite his recent toxic controversies.

Its allot better than last year in my opinion

Deserving MVP is tangential to the opaque selection process.

Carpe deserved it at some other point in time, so I suppose that counts for something.