"is button held" in conjunction with "start/stop holding button" is not only confusing, it's also creating false inputs

First off, “stop holding button” has been nothing but buggy for me today. Even after disallowing and allowing the button, and then stopping it again, it still registers as the button being pressed

Second, these statements are confusing because I don’t know if they’re referring to a physical button (like a mouse click) or a virtual button (via “start holding button”). These need to be separated to something like “is using primary fire” and “is holding button,” and similarly “use/stop using primary fire” instead of “start/stop holding button”. This should go along with similar inputs as well.

Edit: “stop holding button” does practically nothing. Proof: run this test script:

start holding button (all players, primary fire)
wait (1 sec, ignore condition)
stop holding button (all players, primary fire)
loop

result: primary fire fires for 1 sec, then briefly stops firing but NOT for 1 second, as primary fire then continues right after.

1 Like

Just tested, and ‘start holding button’ does not affect ‘is button held’.

Also, confirmed that 'stop holding button (primary fire) does NOT stop the player shooting, until they press primary fire manually.

You can work around this by adding ‘press button(primary fire)’ after the stop holding button, but it certainly doesn’t seem to be working as expected.

try this:

start holding button (all players, primary fire)
stop holding button (all players, primary fire)
press button (all players, primary fire)
loop

the “press button” action acts as if the button is briefly tapped (so it’s like a press and release).
I struggled with getting “stop holding button” to work as well, and that solved it for me.