Is bronze supposed to be this wicked or?

I was a high silver dps player and I was super confident and happy with this rank. I could keep up with the matches, actually stay alive and get kills, and I didn’t have to strain myself too hard to do these things.

I was too confident that I started playing characters aside from my mains (Widow & Sym) in the comp matches.
I DROPPED so hard.
This is my fault, I could have swapped to my mains and kept my rank. I admit that. This was a preventable situation.

So now I’m in low bronze (like, 531) and compared to matches I’ve played in silver… it’s a nightmare down here.
I legit have to exert like, 96% of my god damn brain power to manage a single win. (And even then, our team will lose anyways)

My friends have suggested I find some smurfs to team up with so they can carry me up ranks, but that sounds lame and I’d feel bad for the other team.

Does anyone have any tips for a bronze dps? (Im silver in tank & support, and I consistently win on those roles)
I’d appreciate any advice! :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

See thats why you don’t get near black holes or quicksand.

14 Likes

Yes well, I am currently stuck in this metaphorical black hole quick sand, and I am requesting advice on how to get out. :pensive:

2 Likes

What role do you play the most?

3 Likes

I have the most fun playing DPS but I’d say I play Support overall.

1 Like

Doom fist, or hanzo

Something that kills fast.

2 Likes

Your profile doesn’t show up but that doesn’t necessarily matter.

Can you tell me what heroes you like to play? Perhaps I can offer some guidance.

Edit: My background, I’m a DPS main who started in Bronze and finished in Masters (across many seasons). Ranking up is a serious grind of personal improvement. So you might have to really decide if it’s what you want. Especially since it looks like the new game is coming out soon.

Shoutout to Shadowsan for pinging me. He’s T500 DPS and tank I think but doesn’t spend much time here.

3 Likes

My most played DPS characters are: Widow, Sym, Sombra & Echo.

I switch between these four depending on the situation, but I can play other DPS well enough if needed.

Ranking up is something I have the time and interest in achieving.

I find comp more fun than qp, and if I’m going to spend all that time playing comp, I might as well try and improve myself in the game.

2 Likes

Sounds like you’re a Flex DPS!! We can work with that.

• Widowmaker: Uhhh…. sorry homie, no way around this one, you’ve gotta just grind your mechanical aim and learn proper positioning (we can cover this later). For now, you’re probably better learning soldier or Ashe because widow is in a really bad spot unless you’re uniquely skilled.

• Symmetra: So Symm takes a REALLY creative and Outside of the box approach to playing. But she’s extremely powerful when used correctly. You want to play close to your Main tank as often as possible (you’ll get the most use out of Symm on certain KoTH maps and 2-PC).

• I’m not good at Sombra (though I understand her a lot) and honestly I’ll probably try to push you onto another hero until you hit a higher rank because of how coordination dependent she can be. It’s not to say you can’t play her, the problem is, for climbing out of low ranks, you need carry heroes. Sombra isn’t a low Elo carry hero. :frowning:

• Echo: Aahhhh yes…. One of the most interesting heroes in the game actually. I’ve definitely spent a lot more time on Pharah than Echo but I understand the hero just fine. Echo is the best hero to learn to play (for now) but youlll need to work on aim, timing engagements, peek shooting, flanking, and use of your ultimate.

All of this only comes from experience, but I and many forum users would be happy to provide a lot of feedback on how to improve (and I just so happen to know a great echo player :wink:)

This right here puts you ahead of most Overwatch players.

Perfect!! More inquisition on this later.

Haha…. You say that now…. :laughing::crazy_face:

We can definitely point you in the right direction. But realize you’re going to see unreasonable amounts of frustration. But if you learn to keep your cool, you can achieve anything you set your mind to!!

Well you’ve got the right attitude about it that’s for certain. Do you have discord?

5 Likes

Play Torb, Junk, Hanzo, 76, Reaper

5 Likes

nearly ethernyet winrate

we call them polar attractors in phys grade7
only vacuum out is reset

2 Likes

Well get comfortable, No one gets out of bronze.

3 Likes

Incorrect….

I’m proof you can escape.

5 Likes

if you’re a pc player make sure you’re always getting at least getting a locked 60fps all the time, and that you are in a good position at your desk and have enough room for your mouse to move around. Find the dpi and sense that is good for you, it takes a while but its worth it. another tip is to always stay level-headed and don’t get too emotional during games just stay chill and you’ll preform a lot better.

2 Likes

Dont switch constantly, for most ranks, it genuinely better to one trick your best hero and get better at that hero
There is no real time at most srs where swapping to counter is better than playing your main since your general level of performance is so low that your value output on the counter is lower than your value output on your main.

3 Likes

Wins don’t matter as much as personal performance, don’t worry about your teammates. Your SR is determined by something called MMR, which rates your personal performance, it determines how much SR you gain from a win, and how much you lose from a defeat. Most often poor performance at that level is because you either don’t know your hero, how other heroes work, the most ideal positions for your role, or the map. You also cannot play team dependent heroes at low ranks (i.e. sombra, mercy, or reinhardt), because at that rank you’re practically just playing with Ai.

Aim doesn’t really matter that much until you hit high silver or gold. And especially doesn’t matter as a tank or support. My aim is only 30-40%, yet my tank is plat, dps is gold, and support is low diamond.

2 Likes

create a new account

that is not how mmr or sr works.

ur sr is determined by win/loss rewards.
ur mmr is determined by winning a rigged match.
where the match is rigged towards a 50/50 outcome in expectation
using all kinds of hidden analytics via all the data they have

it’s a false ladder.
and frankly the dev team needs to own up to it.
workplace rights and jesse mcree rename
but 0 comments on their ip protfolio 100% dedicated to rigging

2 Likes

I call BS.

My…cough…‘friend’ (that wasn’t me) did an experiment to get to bronze (from gold).

My ‘friend’ had to hard throw (we’re talking playing so badly your teammates are accusing you of throwing) 30+ games to lose the measly 1000sr to get from 2400ish to 1400ish.

My friend was back to gold within about 20 games on McCree.

So my first issue with your post is you willingly dropped to 500ish SR. If you cared you would’ve swapped back to Sym/Widow at 1400ish.

Next, to get out of bronze you need to play easier heroes, Cree, Reaper, Soldier, Pharah.

Sym can work but she’s very map dependant, a silver widow can’t stomp a bronze lobby sorry.

Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Only correct answer. Once you’re in the pit it’s time to reroll and just play qp on your main for skins

3 Likes