Is ashe religious?

I’ll give to that. Although Blizz will never have anyone shwo they are religious like in game. Whole new can of worms :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not specific which religion, probably some form of Christianity, but Junkrat mentions the fact that he is religious too. More specifically, the Shambali temple in Nepal makes him wish he were an atheist.

3 Likes

also, since this is way off in the future we’re talking, is religion a big thing 60 years from now?

Does that mean he’s religious? He could’ve just been saying that as a quip. The introspection of religion seems a little out of character for him lol.

She’s lucky she has B.O.B or else she wouldn’t have generated half as much hype

another questions is, could McCree also be religious?

He’s not overtly religious, though Zen’s the only one who is, and that’s for a made up robot religion.
Maybe to an extent, maybe not. Not sure there’s enough data to work with.

Religion has been debated for over thousands of years. It won’t stop being a hot topic.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say she’s religious. She is, after all, a thief! I’d say she is more “southern.”

In the south, the common manner is “southern hospitality.” The focus of people in the south is on manners. So, this is why a cowboy robbing a bank would still tip his hat to a lady. “Please” and “thank you” are uttered by just about everyone. A man who would hit a lady, or never thank someone are “snakes” and “unrefined” even if the person who did these things was wearing an expensive tuxedo.

But at the same time, folks in the south are often brutally honest while at the same time trying to be polite. An individual might be described as a “low-down, villainous, snake in the grass, who doesn’t belong in public. But at least he tips well.” This is just an example.

When it comes to profanity, most southerners try to avoid using such language. “Watch your language!” is a pretty stern warning in the south. So is “Watch your cussin’!”

That’s Ashe. She’s southern. She might have religion. But considering how she makes her living, it’s probably not something she practices.

1 Like

I mean, Robin Hood was religious. There was even a friar in his band of merry men.

1 Like

She always reminded me of my bible thumping cousins in Louisiana.

1 Like

Not the same. Robin Hood, and Friar Tuck by association, were stealing from those that were taking from the poor. Hood believed that the right thing to do was to take it all back.

Ashe is stealing for her own gain. She’s not doing so for some righteous cause (unless you consider her own greed a “righteous cause.”) Ashe is under the belief that she can take what she wants. She’s no Robin Hood.

In that case, I suppose the more famous example of “religious criminal” is the Godfather.

1 Like

She could follow that omnic religion that worships the Iris since she seems pretty omnic friendly with Bob and friends.

Seems a little too chill and peaceful for her, but maybe.

B.O.B is just a punchbag for her borderline personality and instable ego

love this scene btw.

2 Likes

Which is contrasted by her 2d origin story, which isn’t bound to making Mcree the star. He was always there for her. She seems to consider him more family than her parents.

I also say hallelujah sometimes and Im not even white lol

She was raised in Texas so she was probably introduced to religion as a kid, even though she doesn’t come across as someone who goes along with what other people say, when it is steamrolled into your brain as a kid you dont really think twice, it that makes sense?

1 Like

Sandy Cheeks Halloween costume for Ashe please Blizz

also Rat could very well be agnostic or something, we don’t really know what’s goin’ on in his mind, he could be introspective for all we know, he’s just also a bit scattered and probably has ADHD