Is Anyone Else Simply Enjoying the Game Right Now?

You would never think it given the vocal majority on the forums, but I actually think the game is in a pretty good state right now.

Summer Games is whatever but I barely even paid attention to the minor events anyway, so I didn’t really feel like I was missing anything.

I’ve discovered my favourite character by far is Ana. I’m having a blast playing her, even in quickplay!

I also quite like where balance is at right now. This is one of the few times since the game’s release where I can appreciate something about most of the roster and am having fun picking up heroes that I haven’t played in a long time or don’t usually play.

And honestly I’m excited for things to come. The new Busan map looks fantastic, I generally enjoy OW esport (though I’ve been watching a lot less recently) and I have faith that the experience will only continue to improve.

Is there anyone else who isn’t so pessimistic about this game? And if so, what are the reasons why?

11 Likes

I still love the game. Some decisions I find odd but others are good

Jelly is just waiting for something to look forward to👌

A nice expansion would be epic, or some cool new quikplay modes.

Other then that, I guess we wait for Blizzcon, hope there is some big lore update there🤗

Me, i play at least 1 hour per day :smile:

1 Like

I think the game is in one of it’s most balanced states ever.

And I’m grateful for that.

Just wish they could give some attention to the remaining issues:

Stuff grey is thinking about

1 Like

I’m sure there’s at least a couple dozen of such people somewhere in the world.

I am jamming out with the new Lucio’s emote.

No regrets!

1 Like

Every hero that I played at launch has been mangled beyond recognition for specious reasons.

Every new hero that I wanted to learn to love playing has been bungled and left to rot.

No. I am not enjoying the game.

As for playing Mei and Sombra. Yes I’m enjoying that part of Overwatch.

As for Hammond and Hog. No these PTR bug fixes for them are nerfs in the end. Sad face.

2 Likes

I always have fun in overwatch, sure I get kind of burnt out and play starcraft2 and sims3 but I always come right back to Overwatch. People complain that there is not enough content or that blizzard does not care about the players. If you played cod mw3 for as many years as I have, you would realize how privileged players on Overwatch are because of all the additions added to the game for free along with all the hero changes.

1 Like

Balance isn’t bad but it’s rough playing main tank at the moment-- CC and bugs galore.

1 Like

After season 10 of comp, I stopped playing for a month. But I came back because quick play can still be fun when played with friends, and so now I mostly play Overwatch for that. I’d done everything I’d wanted to achieve in comp anyway.

I’ve always loved Overwatch. I’m flex so there’s a lot of variety of gameplay that I love. I’ve found that my aim with hit scan and projectile has improved a lot so I’ve picked up Mei and Tracer these days. I also am loving the new Symmetra and use her as a tank and squishy buster.

Personally I just find new ways to work around game changes to discover advantages and new tactics.

I still love the game, but I do notice that my enjoyment is slowly fading and that is because of reasonings. For example: The Lack of communication and Lore.

After i figured out how to effectively play against snipers ive been enjoying the game much more. Just dont even try to fight them unless you have a shield or are under 15 meters away. Abuse line of sight so they never have the opportunity to shoot you and if you get caught in the open you better do the best dance youve ever done. Now if only my team got the same message.

Yeah, I do.

I do get mad at certain things here and there, but in the end, I still love the game.

And I’ve discovered a newfound love for Ana. Although, I feel I’m pretty garbo at her, I’m practicing though. One day i’ll have enough confidence in my abilities as her to bring her into my main hero lineup.

the only thing bothering me is how stupidly broken hanzo is i play allot of hammond and dva and boy oh boy does it suck to be melted in 0.0002 by storm spam cause they had to give a 6 arrow spam shot crit dmg the joy.

except for that its business as usual i still like the game but i need a break real soon.

Ehhhh I’m getting a bit bored right now. Not even the new cosmetics were enough to get me invested.

Hammond’s intro was great and all and I love that we get a goofy WTF character now but I’m finding myself playing less and less alone like I had before.

1 Like