Is anyone else getting thrown off by camera shake?

I’ve personally found some of it to be a bit much, that combined with sens not being 1:1 has definitely required me to start retraining my aim.

I also am personally not a fan of a lot of the new sounds, they blend VERY easily and boom in your ears too much, i get sensory overload from it and have to stop playing sooner. i will grant, i am on the spectrum so i cannot speak to how this affects everyone else. Though I do hope more robust sound and visual setting customization will be added at some point.

3 Likes

Yes, and I have complained about both the screen shake and all the sounds blending together before.

For the sounds, you can try changing the audio mix to night mode, which reduces the bass somewhat. It doesn’t solve the issue, but it did help me. It is still easiest to differentiate some heroes by rate of fire instead of the sound though.

The screen shake I wish could be turned off. Playing a tank makes can feel like playing in an earthquake, and was giving me a headache. Reinhardt and Zen vollies were the worst offenders.

I would like to add that I don’t think damage indicators are as clear in OW2 as they are in OW1. Things like Mei’s beam or Torbs ult seem to be fairly silent when hurting you, and the visual indicator is not noticeable.

3 Likes

The screenshake is not a problem for me. Especially when talking about aiming, the shake is not actually moving the camera, but rotating it around the center. So thats fine.

But the sounds… man… i feel you…

Yuh.

Reinhardt smacking me is scary.

I’ll give night mode a try!

No, my friend. REINHARDT SMACKING YOU IS SO SATISFYING!!! HOLY S**T!!!
I WANT HIM TO SMACK ME MORE!

Interesting, idk it feels more jarring when things smack you around but i also probably just need to get used to it? Idk.

But yeah, the sounds…

yeah, it really makes it harder to track heroes that are constantly zipping around you like tracer and genji. wish they had the option to lower or disable it entirely

I’m not on the spectrum as far as I know and just about every single visual and audio change they’ve made to this game is incredibly overwhelming and distracting. Sounds boom in my ears and make it difficult to determine it’s incoming direction. Being discorded, burnt, damaged, Mercy boosted/healed create this very prominent, brightly coloured border effect that takes up like 1/4 of your entire screen. Four different people pinging random different things all over the map. The constant and incessant automatic hero voicelines going off on top of the constant and incessant player spammable voicelines. The bright orange tinge that envelopes like half of the maps in this cycle.

It’s all just too much and I feel like I’m constantly on the brink of sensory overload.

i dont like the new kill sound, but ill get used to it probably

I like most of the new sounds, but the mixing is kinda off so i do have a problem hearing stuff behind me.

I don’t mind the camera shake. But all excessive bloom is annoying me, overwatch has enough VFX going on as it is without it.