Is anyone else excited for the Archives event?

Really not looking forward to it after last year. The history theme was a major disappointment.

and besides…its not like they have to do anything…literally just turn it on…we know they havent added anything new :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

the only thing is skins. hopefully it wont be like the last event but i have the feeling it may be worse

i have no reason to believe theyll go back to 5 after going to 2…unless it was just THAT hard for them to come up with lunar new year skins

then again archives skins might be harder to do :sweat_smile:

and to anyone who wants to bring up the “more skins this year thing”…i dont think that was referring to events skins (prob OW2/OWL related stuff)

1 Like

yess best event! my favourite is retribution + challenges! i feel it’s the one with the most flavour and atmosphere

2 Likes

Currently Manifesting.

1 Like

I dont see why they wouldn’t have the event, it does worry me some that they might not run the event because of the beta, but I feel like theyll start releasing information here soon.

I’m still trying to manifest archives Zenyatta skin so he could finally have a single lore related skin.

Shambali Zenyatta please and thank you. :pray:

2 Likes

Im excited for literally any event in overwatch. Some pve is appreciated too. Id like to try and get all the archives achievements i missed and im sure we will get 5 skins at least cause they did say were getting more skins this year than ever before. If that’s true they need to start now cause we’re three months in and we’ve only gotten 4 legendary skins including Reaper and current owl Sombra skin.

The event should be with a minimum of 6 legendary, but the reality is that we will only have epics and we all get even more pissed off.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No.

Balancing is trash and there will probably not many skins.

I’m fine with skipping this one.

Cancelling an entire event?? Yeah I think they would’ve already said so……if it was just no skins maybe not….but an entire event….I have a hard time seeing them not saying anything

You see how far ahead for example they announce no blizz con

1 Like

They’re repetitive and boring. They are the same every time. The enemy spawns in the same places in the same sequence. How can that be fun year after year?

Archives actually makes me worry for PvE in OW2 in case it is similar with braindead enemies (I won’t call it enemy AI as there is nothing AI about it).

You ever played a Mario game? Are they no longer fun after the first time you play them?

Yeah playing against AI is more repetitive than other players….but it doesn’t stop it from being fun…

Plus it’s a diversion from a game that people also find “repetitive and boring” (ie - something else to do)….

It’s only once a year and only 3 weeks and optional…and there’s challenge modes and such to change it up a bit…

2 Likes

I only look forward to the mode in this event where only crit shots count

I wish that mode never left as it great warm up practice for this game or any other shooter.

1 Like

The Archive events are pretty fun. I like to speedrun them with others, since just going for score alone is kinda boring.

1 Like

Not really… I’m hopeful we’ll see more story skins but if they do more history skins I’ll be very disappointed and probably wont care at all

Prepare for only 2 legendary skins

1 Like

After year 4 of Archives, when they stopped making new PvE missions, I kinda lost faith in it. Of course, it’s nice getting to play the game modes again before they get locked away until next April. But It can’t be denied that they get repetitive. I’m hoping they add even more challenges to at least keep it interesting but with how stuff has been going down as of late, I bet it’s still gonna be the same old same old with the only new thing being skins and voicelines.