Is AndyB coming back?

Jodie. I dont know why but alone your presence and activity has brought back a little hope. Glad to have you so active here. Just wanted to say this unrelated to any topic. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Jodie the forums are full of “noise” idk how you can get anything useful from here. It is entertaining though. I hope you laugh as much as I do when reading the new “master plan” posts.

1 Like

Darn, there goes my career plan

5 Likes

So much transparency.

I’m a fan of it.

You spending less time on the forums as the team grows is a good thing for us as it means we get more from Blizzard even though we lose your personality.

Looking forward to the future!

2 Likes

we will see how long though. It just depends upon the EVIL Overlords at Microsoft.

I’ll still be around and reading forums/reddit/Twitch chat/Discord/etc… daily. It’s important as part of the team that I stay connected with your experience, all with the goal of being an effective advocate internally.

You’ll not be rid of me that easily

10 Likes

Be all like…

9 Likes

Because they’re worthless

1 Like

Have you watched Office Space?

Honestly, neither you nor Andy have let us down, I think people should be willing to trust you all more.

I’m pretty happy to see either of you in a post.

Community managers are not at the top of the information release food chain, they don’t get to decide when to release stuff.

I get you are all frustrated, but there isn’t much Jodie can do here.

Honestly, I think you should grab yourself a WyomingMyst at some point.

That song always makes me laugh. I’ve been though so many meetings which could just have had the people there leave, that video be played, and it would make more sense, and give even more information.

shakes head

4 Likes

Let me make sure I am very clear about this, if an opportunity is available for me to join Blizzard and I know I can make a difference, I will try to pursue it. I have applied for many positions in the past and I know I have the support of many of Blizzard’s current and past team members. However, it still comes down to making sure the best people fill their needed roles, and I want my experience to be fairly compared to others with relatable skills. I have no regrets not being presented with an opportunity to join Blizzard, instead, I often gain more insight and experience.

Right now, you may notice there is a Community Manager role position for Overwatch on Blizzard’s career page. For as tempted as I am to apply, I am lacking core experience for that role’s specific duties. The good news is that I am finding ways to build on that experience in the gaming industry as a whole, and I am actively looking for great positions where I can make the leap. Understand though, it may not be for Blizzard in the long run but that is okay because I have transformed my career path into one simple goal.

To use my skills to help make games a better place for everyone.

In the meantime, I greatly appreciate Jodie and Andy’s support in my efforts as a forum MVP, along with many of the others who I have worked with in the past. Just know that I don’t expect any shortcuts or favors, just the opportunity to learn and grow where I can. And when the time is right, I will be ready for a bigger challenge.

3 Likes

And what you wrote is WHY I would be happy to see you in that role. Roles are things people grow into, getting someone who has a desire, and obviously a real push into doing so is huge. The skill set can be learnt, and obviously you have a good deal of it.

I think you would be an asset for it, and honestly, throw in for the current role.

Yes, but as a person who sees you on the forums, doing the things you do here, I would feel happier if you went for the current position. You may not get it, but damn… look at the

post you just did.

It is clear, direct, and gives people the information they need, like pretty much every piece of communication I have ever seen from you.

I’m not in the hiring position (but I have been in the past for places), and I’d take someone like you in a heart beat.

Throw in for it, see how it goes. They will need all the comms help they can get right now (given Blizzards ability to do comms, they have always needed it - AndyB and Jodie are the exception to the rules of what I expect in comms from Blizzard - They are a serious breath of fresh air.)

Anyway, I think you have been a surrogate community manager for Blizzard for as long as I have seen you on the various forums. Don’t sell yourself short here.

1 Like

Yep, and replies like that are more or less an attempt to make sure everyone stays on the same page. I also wrote out a facts list in a separate topic about today’s news. I did that more or less as setting the realistic expectations I think we should have for Blizzard (both in the short term and long term). This news is jarring today, and I feel passionately involved, but that is because I have invested so many hours of playtime into Blizzard’s games and I have strong friends for many of their team members. So it is my hope that anything I express on these forums is done so under the expectation that you the community can learn a greater understanding of how Overwatch continues to grow as a game.

Let’s also be clear, there are times I screw up… badly. I mean let’s not forget about the Role Queue Beta Season incident. Thank god, Scott Mercer stepped in and set the record straight on that fiasco, but I still feel bad that how I interpreted official documentation from Blizzard and how I communicated it on these very forums did lead to people inadvertently leading players to disrupt the overall competitive ladder. It is in the past now, and I consider it a good learning experience. Back then I didn’t get to have nearly as much direct contact with the CMs at the time. Now I do and that has helped me become a better member of this community.

I think I am entering ranting/rambling mode… I need a baconator. See ya’ll later, and please be nice and take care of each other as we continue to watch this news unfold.

2 Likes

I messed up my link, that was where I meant to link to!

I have literally forgotten it :slight_smile: - so you may have it as a thing you worry about, I don’t think people here do.

All good!

1 Like

Please let Aaron K know we miss him too!! We haven’t seen him in foreverrrrrrrrrr

2 Likes

You poor, poor soul.

1 Like

would you hire me if we make posts like tigole bitties the legend.

You do realize Aaron Keller has never posted on the forums right? Now that I think about it I don’t think we’ve had a single Orange Post since Jeff Kaplan left.

2 Likes

Yeah…Ever since he took over, he made one developer update video then he appeared in some behind the scenes/ow2 match example videos and thassit

I just hope he and the team are doing well, very long bouts of silence from the ship’s captain make me concerned

…I like your attitude. I approve.

:eye::lips::eye::+1: