Is aim assist removed in pc comp lobbies a good idea?

I’m in ps5 and I have a friend that’s on P. he is pretty good and I want to play ranks with him, I obviously play in controller but when we get on a comp game, the skill gap of pc players and controller players is huge. Aim assist was made for controller players could have a similar level of precision when aiming as PC players, so why remove aim assist in comp pc?

This one not bad to watch

So is this

Tldr of them aim assist is aim bot just toned down that is all it is. And dont even get me started on zim users they are scum

1 Like

NGL didn’t watch the videos but i read everything. What is a “zim user”?

you cant que as a console with pc in any comp mode

1 Like

zim is a item that lets them use m/kb on console instead of controller.

thanks - i barley know what that is from like a 20 sec clip explanation of that but i can’t possibly imagine cheating or not, done on a controller being a problem in ranked for PC? Maybe in lower ranks.

i think we should get rid of open q comp and make crossplay comp a separate gamemode

1 Like

Ex console player here. OW has a hardcore aim assist for console. Its extremely strong and if you know how to tweak it, you can essentially make it an aimbot. Stack that with M&K adapters for controllers and yeah, its pretty broken lol.

Like if you play the very highest ranks on console chances are you are using these methods. Its pretty standard for hi level console to NOT be using a controller. Not you but in general I mean.

There isn’t anything 100% wrong with aim assist, but the fact that you can emulate KB&M with aim assist basically throws it out the window as an option for comp.

1 Like

yes and no it depends on how strong it is looka at cod aim assist is s strong you have to play on controler

And how do you legally tweak it? Asking for a friend

Pc doesn’t have aim assist for controller in comp. Only quick play has aim assist for controller. Mouse and keyboard do not use aim assist.

Aiming on pc is so difficult, a small amount of aim assist would cause problems. The body movements you do on pc and console are different due to aim assist and lack of aim assist.

Halo and cod over did it with aim assist as well so everyone is a little cautious about it now.

And yea, XIM exists but it’s nothing compare to the cheating on pc. At least a XIM requires some aiming while pc cheats require zero aiming. Pc cheats literally have AI bots following you around only healing you. Auto aim. Seeing through walls. All undetectable because of how they are built. None of that is possible with a XIM so that’s a cop out. For me, it changes so many little things (you see it in qp atm), it wouldn’t be healthy.

i think it’s xim an allows a keyboard and mouse.

Zim also allow hot key inputs like hog combo on one button

There is no aim assist in OW2 but that doesnt stop people from adding it back in with EngineOwning

Because it doesn’t belong here and has failed in literally every other competitive game.

Look at Apex Legends, Aim Assist on Controllers has ruined Comp and the game is on a heavy decline.

If you want to compete with PC players, use the same input or accept your disadvantage.

1 Like