Is 48ms good for Widowmaker?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What’s above.

For ping?

Ideally you want faster than that, but more importantly than ping is network stability. Make sure you aren’t getting lightning bolt/card icons on the top left while you play.

The displayed ping times are not very accurate. If you are seeing 48 you’re really getting about 25ms. Also with the favor the shooter mechanic ping isn’t that big of an issue. You’re definitely fine!

Its actually 25? Please elaborate

I play with 90ms of ping with McCree and i wreck pplz :stuck_out_tongue:

A few months ago they changed the way point times are calculated/displayed and it caused everyone’s ping to go up by about 20ms but in actuality the connection is the same, it’s just not a very accurate display anymore.

Ic. Thanks…

I went from 75 to 130, please explain.

If you aren’t getting 60fps the hit is greater apparently. You can see the blizzard post I just linked for more info

Err apparently I can’t link to it… Let me see if I can fix

I read the Blizzard post.

I think it is another way for them to hide poor net code.

I have 60 frames a second constantly.

I don’t know then, but yes this was a change to help fix the net code by reducing the amount of processing they had to do.

I live in Anchorage Alaska. I pay 175 dollars a month for the fastest internet you can get in the state.

Up til this “fix” I had between 75 and 85 ping. I have lived in Alaska for a long time and am used to latency compensation. When I ping Irvin California I get about 80 ping every time. This combination of RTT and Ping, if they are “the same” -Blizzard- should not have increased anything.

I have worse Latency now then I did prior to Blizzard, for a second time, catoring to players closer to the servers.

Edit: For OP, I do not even touch hit scan heroes unless I absolutely have to. My latency compensation with 130 ping is almost 1/4 inch in whatever direction an enemy is moving.