Invitations to the Next Beta Phase?!?

so how is it going to work for the next closed beta?? streamer only access again and a “select FEW” on day 1? worshipping twitch for four hours the next day for the rest of us again? if they do the same formula again i really hope they dont have technical issues like the last time…

i get the feeling this is how its going to go since they want to bump up those twitch numbers. i am thinking they might set a record again especially if there is a lot of new content like more heroes and maps. also maybe a better workshop and replay?

i mean im hoping that everyone who is in now gets to automatically play the 2nd beta and people who havnt got invited a chance again for the next one but i doubt it lol. its going to be the same as the first one. a reset if you will

what do you guys think?

probably another twitch event

1 Like

Please just make it open

2 Likes

That is a good question.
If they want to extend testing and add more content, it would make sense that it is made public but then again, the live game might “suffer” from that so … probably same system than the previous I guess? :thinking:

We don’t know yet but SunsetHippo here has a pretty reasonable guess

it just makes sense, UNLESS they do just a random draw and let in previous beta entrants in again

8 hours twitch streaming requirement, contiguous in a 10 hour window starting at 8am US Eastern time. Beta keys awarded on a pseudo-random basis after meeting viewership requirements, and you need to check in every hour to acknowledge that you’re watching via Twitch milestones.

1 Like

impossible, twitch only allows it to be a max of 4 hours
also twitch drops are guaranteed now. not random

You earn one ticket per hour watched, up to 8 tickets. Pseudo-random selection after the 10 hour window ends.

Gotta make sure only people in school or unemployed can participate.

Can you not just open a tab on your phone in silent?

still unlikely for that to happen, thye would just do what they did before

Streamer invites, but like a heck of a lot more streamers, pretty much any streamer with a significant interest in Overwatch, even if they aren’t “an Overwatch streamer”.

For instance, Weeaboo AF variety streamers, get in here.

Any streamer with a significant follower count who wants drops, gets drops.