Introducing our most exciting season yet... Overwatch 2: Invasion

I hope they figure out the cure for mortality because i would give almost anything to be alive when these morally inept fk nuggets go bankrupt in a couple dozen decades.

18 Likes

That’s why it feels weird to make us pay for it.
They just got done saying “No, that’s not the direction we want to go”
Then they see people still looking that way. And they say “okay, 10 bucks for the bit we did manage to do.”
Like that’s the way to get people back on their side.

I’m glad I was taking another break next season.

11 Likes

Based take, from what we’ve seen so far I think the mission maps they’ve been working on look beautiful. Unless they pulled a CDPR and deliberately lied to the leads about progress, the blame is on Big Bucks Bobby.

2 Likes

Even if you’re okay with paying for these bundles, this still means you can’t play PvE with all your friends now. What a joke
edit: also, even if you don’t have friends, this also means the queue times are going to unbearable after the first few weeks

11 Likes

I really tried to be supportive of Blizzard.
Lately however it felt like Blizzard is like “If we haven’t disappointed you with our latest news, it’s because it’s not the time yet because we will” and they always manage to.

I see why Jeff left

39 Likes

You can’t tell me that you’re seriously charging for “permanent” access to the story missions after already cancelling the game that they were supposed to be in, right?? Like this is a bad joke.

48 Likes

Then… are story missions free but to have permanent access you have to pay? Or I have to pay once and I’ll be able to play all the story missions of each season? Or will I have to pay for every season’s story missions? It’s horribly explained

10 Likes

They’re literally just expanded area of existing maps?? them “Looking beautiful” means nothing when they’re using existing assets we’ve seen before just with the occasional new sky box for Omnic ships…

8 Likes

I wasn’t talking about those, I was talking about the maps that were designed ONLY for the campaign. (Save for Rio)

They really are charging for PVE access LMAO. is this an out of season april fools joke?

24 Likes

We lost Archives for this.

31 Likes

I mean it’d be fine if it were actually something substantial and not just three missions that are just archives 2.0. For 15 I’d rather just watch the cutscenes on youtube instead of paying every time new levels drop.

13 Likes

“the developers have to charge $20 cosmetics, otherwise the game can’t make money and they’ll all starve” the shills kept saying

:clown_face:

38 Likes

why ya keep advertising Season 6, when S5 is only out tomorrow

says a lot.

41 Likes

This is what I meant.
They just gone done telling us “PvE is not what we’re going to do. We’re dropping it like a hot potato”
I imagine IF this manages to sell well enough, they will put some more work on one or 2 more of these. And we still have to pay.

And when they get to the end of them, you get an option to buy the bundle that has them all. Pretty typical store tactics, really. Spoon feed for a “normal” price. Discount when it’s all done as a bundle for the last few people who didn’t.

Not surprised you gotta pay for it if you want it forever. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

You can get started on your mission to save the world with the Overwatch 2: Invasion Bundle for $15 USD. This bundle includes:

• Permanent access to the Overwatch 2: Invasion Story Missions

So much about the missions being a permanent addition to the game … Glorified archive event it is then.

Also, nice. Charging for something that should have been there when Overwatch 2 launched (and so much more). /s

A whole article full of “give me money”. Not surprised. Just disgusted.

19 Likes

Just take a guess…

1 Like
  • False advertises their game
  • Knows PvE is not coming in any way it was sold to us months before the game released and doesn’t tell us
  • Cancels majority of what made it interesting
  • Doesn’t even have the spine to apologise on the BS stream they had

“Can you please give us extra money for a revamped archives event??”

How are they behaving worse than companies like EA?

36 Likes

lmao Activision Blizzard’s been EA But With A Different Name for over a decade now.

1 Like