Intended outcome: Good Actual Outcome.. Not so much

The intended outcome of this grapple hook change is to remove/reduce Spin2win, in that effort it’s a good change.

If it effects other tech for Ball though, then it might need some adjustments. I’ve seen some suggestions on these forums, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he receives a minor change here soon.

AndyB asked the forums to stop using hyperbole and be very specific in your complaints, so giving constructive suggestions is actually useful. Just complaining isn’t. To those suggesting how to accomplish the desired effect without hurting Ball in other ways, thanks. :+1:

Some potential suggestions given so far:

• Only count 6s after being on combat (probably take damage after the grapple’s up)
  • Only count 6s after gaining full speed
  • Add a visual timer like nearly every other timed ability does
3 Likes

I will only provide feedback if the devs have the will to modify the ball hook change. Otherwise, spending the effort to produce constructive feedback/changes is literally a waste of time.

2 Likes

AndyB specifically asked us to be vocal about what we think about the balance changes while avoiding hyperbole so they can know what needs to be changed.

AndyB specifically said this

So it’s pretty likely they’re open to changing things if we’re specific about our criticism & not just complaining that it sucks

Those complaining just to complain should be ignored until they hopefully figure out that’s not helpful.

1 Like

I can read. If the dev’s don’t want to change it; no feedback will change it.

1 Like

I don’t think you have much to worry about, the devs are open to changing things and AndyB specifically made comments regarding leaving feedback for these changes. They’ve reverted and altered plenty of changes. I’m not sure why you’re suggesting otherwise

Answer is right here. I am not going to repeat that.

What they are looking for is feedback for changes they are unsure about. If they are sure that the ball change is 100% what they want in its current form, then it is not changing and feedback holds no influence; Devs get final say.

We don’t know what changes that the devs are willing to modify. They won’t tell us. Meaning lots of people will potentially waste their time articulating constructive feedback/suggestions on something that’s set in stone.

If you are going to reply with another platitude, it will be the last reply in our conversation.

Sounds good :+1:

If you have some useful feedback feel free to leave it. That’s what they’re looking for.

1 Like

You do realize tech is basically an exploit and the whole purpose of changes is to reduce exploits.

If the tech should be removed & is removed by this change then that’s a good thing :+1:

If it’s something that shouldn’t be removed but is by this change then they might need to adjust the change.

1 Like

Well what I’ve seen

• Only count 6s after being on combat (probably take damage after the grapple’s up)

• Only count 6s after gaining full speed

• Add a visual timer like nearly every other timed ability does

I highly disagree but I get where you’re coming from

These seem like really good suggestions. Spin2win would still be gone but other things wouldn’t necessarily be effected. Hopefully AndyB & the dev team sees these.

If they were 100% sure these balance changes were permanent they wouldn’t be asking for feedback or saying they’ll be closely monitoring feedback.

It’s not a waste of time to offer constructive feedback. That’s exactly what they want and have asked for. What they don’t want is useless complaining because it doesn’t help.

2 Likes