Insane amount of Competitive Points

I logged in to Overwatch 2 to find my competitive points accurately summed at about 6k, and bought 2 golden weapons. Great. 2 of my friends (and many more people on social media) have logged in to find 30k competitive points and bought 10 weapons or more when in OW 1 they had nowhere near enough to buy these weapons. Is there something I’m missing? Am I supposed to also have 30k comp points or are they not?

9 Likes

I ran into the same issue 58k CP instead of 6k. I didn’t spend any of the CP cause I wanna earn them the hard way and also reported the bug.

2 Likes

… do you hate fun? cmon apis.

17 Likes

Honestly I just figured it was cause it was the last comp season on OW1. So they gave everyone a huge amount of comp points.

3 Likes

He’s right tho, this is unfair not only to the people who managed to get lots of points in the past and had to grind these golden guns, but also to the people who are abusing this bug, you didn’t earn these points, its not a gift, its a glitch. I am having problems transfering the game data and lost all my skins and golden guns, but when they fix this, i sure won’t spend these points if i somehow get 10x more than i had.

7 Likes

I think a roll back will be the answer to this problem. They can’t ban people for using the points.

4 Likes

I completely agree. I was grinding so hard and earned many gold weapons and I feel like now it all became nothing. Overwatch PLEASE do something about this. Sure, my stuff transferred over but now you gave a lot of people multiple free gold weapons that just sends me to ground zero again. Literally if you get like 30,000 that’s like at least 500 hours of playing comp assuming that you win every single game. The whole point of gold weapons is to show that you put in effort and time to get better at the hero. So disappointed because that’s the only thing money can’t buy in overwatch 1. Please do not ruin this over a glitch. FIX IT. TAKE BACK THE GOLD WEAPONS/COMP POINTS THAT DONT BELONG.

7 Likes

im confused isnt the cap on comp points 6k?

3 Likes

Yeah I thought so too, but apparently a lot of people got 100x more than their ow1 left over comp points in ow2

Me, personally, I have put in some effort. Not enough to get 3k for a gild skin. I was 1k short. I got handed over 12k, and yes, i spent it. I will accept a roll back but then that will effect those trying to rank up in comp, wouldn’t it?

Have you thought about why you didn’t get 3000+ in ow1 to begin with? Bc you didn’t play enough, and that’s why they created gold weapon to begin with, for players to show their experience in comp. I don’t understand how taking back the gold weapons you didn’t earn will affect your comp progress at all, CP is not skill rating

2 Likes

I don’t know about you but I would just take the comp points and run tbh

4 Likes

literally all my friends got it and i didnt, im so unlucky bruh

7 Likes

its so unfair that all my firends got it and i didn’t.
It feels like the grind was for nothing

4 Likes

They will probably revoke them.

3 Likes

Agreed, I have earned my gold guns that I have through so many comp matches.

I would like Blizzard to address this. Was it a bug or human error? It’s related to the seasonal rewards for last season.

1 Like

I am happy it happened because i spent money on the first game because it wasnt free like overwatch 2 is and i feel everyone who did buy it should get some stuff for free so i am happy it happened. I hope they dont set us back because that would make anyone who grinded the battle pass pissed and that would lead to more problems anyway its a good game thanks blizzard.

1 Like

Legit my whole group of friends got over 30k and bought entire classes of gold guns and i didn’t get any at all. And i’ve been playing longer then all of them; they need to revoke or give compensation to those who didn’t get any IMO.

4 Likes

If they don’t do anything about the surplus of comp points, I will actually never play overwatch again… other than seasonal events, comp points were the only reason to play the game in the first place…

5 Likes