Info On Overwatch League Token System

Can someone inform me on how Overwatch League tokens work? I have a few questions…

-What twitch streams do you have to watch in order to obtain them?
-How long is the Overwatch League?
-Do you have to watch the same team’s stream to continue getting tokens?
-Do you get a token for every win or for every game watched?
-How do you buy skins in game?

If Blizzard could make an in depth description about how this whole thing works, it would be extremely helpful.

https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/

I used that website.

-Seems like you can view through the site?
-There are 4 stages, each lasting 5 weeks. So at least 20 weeks. I don’t know if there is time in between.
-I don’t think you have to watch a particular team. I’m pretty sure you will earn regardless of who you watch. All that matters is that you do watch.
-Last year, each time a map was finished, you would earn one token.
-Once you have enough tokens, you go to othe Overwatch League section in the game. There, you can go to the team you want and purchase the skin.

1 Like

Thank you so much Neopets.

Also there are random 100 token drops given to anyone watching. I watched probably around 1/4 of the first season and I got 2 drops. And there’s also some items that aren’t associated with teams, like the legendary Lucio emote. So, you might want to save some tokens just in case something else like that becomes available later

1 Like

One more question, how many tokens do the skins cost?

Officially you can earn tokens on overwatchleague.com, twitch.tv/overwatchleague, and on select streams on mlg.com. I personally recommend watching on Twitch as that is the easiest to troubleshoot if you have any technical issues.

You CANNOT earn tokens watching on ESPN 3 or Disney XD (live or stream).

The Overwatch League is a year-long event consisting of a regular season split into 4 stages. Each of the 20 Overwatch League teams will play 7 (down from 10) matches in each stage. Stages 1 through 3 has mid-season playoffs to compete for stage titles. After Stage 4 the top six teams automatically advance to the season playoffs but 7th through 12 place teams compete in a last chance qualifer single-elimination playoff to advance in the last two spots for the season playoffs.

Each night of Overwatch league consists of up to 4 matches. Starting at 5:00 PM Thursday, 5:00 PM Friday, 1:00 PM Saturday, and 1:00 PM Sunday. There may be matches with different times later in the season so keep a close eye on the schedule at 2023 Season Schedule - 2023 - REGULAR SEASON | The Overwatch League.

The same stream is used so you don’t have to have to root for any particular team.

Assuming the rules don’t change, you automatically earn 1 token for every map played. Note that each match play at least 4 maps (with a fifth map played in case of a tie after 4 maps).

PC players can purchase OWL tokens directly in-game (in the Overwatch League section) on BattleNet store here:

Console players click here: PlayStation Store - Xbox Marketplace

100 tokens per standard epic class team skin. Any Legendary class items (which right now only the Lucio DJ Dance Party Emote costs 200 tokens.

I maintain a guide that is usually sticked here in the general discussion forum during any Twitch streaming promotions (especially Overwatch league) which you can learn about the latest promotions here:

2 Likes

Sorry, I just came up with this… Does the twitch ap work for tokens? The mobile app?

Most Twitch apps (for Android, iOS) do work. However if you stream to a casting device (such as Chromecast) you may not receive tokens. Again check out my guide for more details.

1 Like