Influx of cheaters recently

Anyone else notice an increase of cheaters in their games recently, over the past maybe 30 games (across different accounts) i’ve had cheaters in about 5 (confirmed with the successful report pop up) of them which is higher than usual. Obviously this is still an estimation and I could be wrong about the number of cheaters/games but it still feels like a high %.

I do play in grandmaster so naturally there is more cheaters, but was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this in their games.

9 Likes

Havent played much recently, but watched my friend screenshare on discord yesterday, a 4 stack with fresh accounts, 2 DPS, 2 support, with a soldier and widow spinbotting. Wonder if theres some new cheats that came out or something

1 Like

New cheats are always coming out, and the ebb and flow of cheaters has been going on for the game’s entire life. Just report and pray and Blizzard will detect them soon. I know its frustrating, but try not to lose too much sleep over losers who will unironically spend hundreds of dollars just to cheat in an online video game with a high probability of getting caught anyways.

Its not that there is more, its just you have a smaller pool of players so its significantly easier to encounter them.

As for increased amount of cheaters, yes, significantly more since Early-Mid December. No one will really admit it, I call them out all the time and constantly get flagged for trolling. IDGAF. Cheaters are plenty in every rank now.

Lost in a single night against 3 diff Lv 30ish Widow players. All reported for cheating, got 2 messages of action has been taken against them. I dont know if the other was a high ranked player or something, but maybe he was using a better software.

Lately the amount of cheaters is certainly higher then usual.

I tihnk Kragiee also said, if its a no-name new account in GM, good chances that this guy is cheating.

Maybe Blizzard fully gave up on us now, let the chaos take over :sunglasses: :blush:

2 Likes

i think honestly i have only ever reported a handful of people for cheating. i did report one player recently after watching the replay and slowing it down it appeared to me like they were cheating.

however, thats not too say that perhaps that player was just having an insane game and hitting the most ridiculous shots. sometimes that happens to me, and then the next game im just a garbage fire

I believe so as well. Yesterday during a match I killed an Ana, then suddenly she was alive again. No Mercy on the team to rez her. It was blatant and unbelievable. I definitely reported that one.

1 Like

Seen cheating but that’s par for the course in OW, what I’ve seen a TON of is boosted accounts and you can tell…

3 Likes

That’s a new one. I undertand (the basics of) how a lot of these hacks work, including the framebuffer vram interdict aim-assist, the noreg/cd denials, and the wallhacks.

But how on earth do you convince the server to res your Ana? You sure it wasn’t an Echo clone of your team’s Mercy? Could it be some kind of inject/spoof attack that leverages features of an Echo/ult?

1 Like