Infinitie amount of avoids on tanks pls?

As you still can not balance your game and tanks makes up for 90% of the teams sucess unless you magically get a 5k every fight(believe me to win consistently every fight with some tanks this is what you need) which is unrealistic at best, allow us to avoid tank players. Legit. It is time, let us control what players are allowed to tank for us, nobody cares about queue times at this point. I rather sit an hour in queue to play a real game, with real tanks than someone hard throwing on ball all game and or ignoring a roadhog as if its the concern of dps/support.

2 Likes

Personally I like the idea of infinite avoids. Just do it so that they’re void above 3800SR and it’ll be fine. Anyone who sandbags/throws or is just being toxic would basically get hit by everyone else, while good players who always play properly for a win would have no issue finding games and even if players would avoid them, they would just get punished for avoiding good players which is fine. It would bring enough social repercussions to the game to a degree where we could even ease up the automated report system that is sometimes causing issues for the players who simply play the game actively for thousands of hours

I personally don’t get why they want to enforce a handicapped matchmaking system and other means to help those who don’t want to play properly for a win and essentially engage in behavior that is near gameplay sabotage. They should be doing the opposite

1 Like

Infinite avoids would result eventually in queue times over a few hours.

Would become quite fast a few hours since there aren’t alot of players in the tank category.

3 Likes

Avoiding large numbers of teammates, especially Tanks, would inflate queue times by several minutes. There aren’t a lot of them to go around

2 Likes

I cringe whenever I get an orisa on my team.

So? I really do not care. I can wait. I am a patient person. What I can not handle thou are people that deliberately are wasting my time. See in real life there are no safety net to protect those individuals hence I do not even have to engage with them at all, but in this game just about everything is there to protect the sloth.

Sure, rebalance the impact of roles and we can start talking.

If queues get much longer, the game will lose players because wait times are too long.

The game cannot afford longer queues

It would work if the avoided player get priority over the avoiding player when both are considered by the MM for a game.

A player who doesn’t avoid anyone will retain relatively normal queue times while the player who insists on avoiding more and more people will get longer queue times in relation to how many they avoid.

Yeah, Yeah I know what someone is going to say:
“Why should a player who is being avoided get better queue times than me since I’m a totally standup player and they are not according to my biased opinion of what makes a good teammate?”

Because you make a conscious action to avoid them, they have no direct control over who avoids them.

If many people avoid them they can’t fix the problem themselves while with my system, if you think your queue times are getting too long you can simply remove a couple of avoided players to fix it.

Infinite slots are prone to affect players who don’t avoid players.
Avoiding is mostly used for preference and with infinite slots there will be way too many people avoided since they don’t even need to think much about their choice.

Plus even if you were to give them priority, with infinite slots it’s still going to affect them. There aren’t that many tank players, after a week of playing you’d probably have an hour long of a queue time by then.

I mean hell, if it wasn’t an issue they would’ve done it already. They stated that it would increase if it wasn’t an isuse.

While I agree infinite avoid slots would still cause a problem, I do think with my system a lot more than 3 would be viable.

As far as I know they have never once mentioned testing this idea, so

• “they stated that it would be an issue” or
  • “if it wasn’t an issue they would’ve done it already”

Might be inaccurate simply because they have not thought about it or haven’t been looking at alternative options to make more avoids viable because they don’t think it’s a pressing issue.

From what I recall the major issue with more avoid slots is that some players get mass avoided and their queue times become unmanageable.

If you place the burden of increased queue times on the avoider they can determine themselves what queue times are acceptable vs the quality of their games when they avoid more “bad apples”

1 Like

Your opinion is entitled im a tank main and I legit make space and secure kills for my team. And you want the few players who know how to tank to leave the game?. Worst idea ever! Good luck getting rid of tank players

1 Like

Recently we provided another active tool to give you more control of your Overwatch experience: the ability to mark players as people who you don’t want to play with as a teammate. Our initial deployment of the feature only allows you to avoid two players, but we want to increase that limit over time as we become more confident that it doesn’t negatively affect matchmaking.

Refer to: PLAYER BEHAVIOR IN OVERWATCH

Sure they might not have publicly said anything about trying infinite slots, though they have increased it to 3 since they were confident that it wouldn’t have a massive impact.

At the same time that Competitive Season 12 begins, we’re increasing the number of players you can Avoid as Teammate from two to three. As promised when the feature was implemented, we have been watching to see the effect Avoid as Teammate has on gameplay and queue times. After reading feedback and deciphering data, we think adding a slot will help players better control their Overwatch experience while still keeping queue times reasonable. When you add a player to your Avoid as Teammate list, you will not be placed on the same team with that player for seven days.

Refer to: INCREASING AVOID AS TEAMMATE LIMIT

Though i do think it’s safe to say they’re keeping an eye out for it.
With the amount of suggestions regarding avoid slots i think they can’t simply ignore it. They are indeed checking it, though honestly infinite slots is already just a massive step.

I’m hearing a lot of “me” this and “i” that, as if blizzard are going to model their game around you. Speak for yourself, majority of dps players don’t want long queue times.

The entitlement.

You say you “don’t care” but you better start caring because blizzard isn’t gonna see one or two or even 100 people complaining about this and change it just because the minority doesn’t like how it works.

The fact that you don’t care about queue times doesn’t change the fact that long queue times has been a humongous contributing factor to the reason that the game is quite literally haemorrhaging players by the month. Your proposed plan to provide infinite avoids will just inflate queue times even more and make less people want to play because nobody, besides a small minority, cares to wait upwards of 20 minutes to play ONE overwatch game.