Indirect vs Direct balance changes - "Waaaaa mercy waaaa"

Maybe, but this is where he’s the most devastating. Imo discord is still way too powerful to the point most defensive support abilities can be cancelled out by it.

…except that is literally all there is to tracer.
Except she’s like mercy and she needs to hide and avoid team fights.
And heal herself…actively.

So I guess you could say that tracer is like mercy but requires actual mechanical skill. And cooldown management.

You can make this argument for Brigitte not needing the shield bash CD increase. With Wrecking ball coming to the game (a soft counter that enables dive against her) she’ll have less impact than she does already, and to top it off the hit scan heroes are all getting range buffs.

This will make all barriers weaker and as a result make dive the only comp to play again. The issue is since Brigitte is getting this nerf she won’t be able to slow down the new dive meta. Expect multiple season of dive only compositions now because there isn’t really any counter play to it in game…

Thanks <3

1 Like

The difference between Mercy and Zeny is not a great comparison, one character is good at higher ranks due to its skill requirement and the other just good regardless of what rank you look at.

1 Like

If anything has been proven from 2 years worth of forum posts it’s that there is no such thing as a change to any character that people will universally like…

Everyone idea of balance is different…

Just play the game…enjoy it for what it is and stop focusing on which number is bigger than the others all the time…

2 Likes

Aim is the one of the most important skills that separate good players from bad, positioning? Easy.

Aim however, takes sooo long to perfect.

Hey guys, not that this is important, but Blizzard is merging Mercy threads into a Megathread a poster made since the actual megathread is locked. Can we just take time to respect this indie company.

1 Like

They have a sincere right to complain after this last nerf.

It’s a nerf too far.

Wrong. Game sense and positioning is far more important than mechanical skill. That’s what separates players who climb past the diamond wall…

It’s easier to learn than aim however, you can be the greatest widow at positioning, but if you can’t click heads consistently then you wont make it beyond gold.

It has always been harder to train the mind than the body. Muscle memory is one of the easiest skills to attain, however actively training your responses to certain stimuli takes longer if there is not enough motivation or will to do so.

2 Likes

Considering for a good chunk of the game she was the only main healer that wasn’t trash, this isn’t surprising.

Popcorn anyone

They aren’t salty, since we can get the salt from this place.

1 Like

I don’t eat pop corn but if you have some caramel I can salt them :smiley:

1 Like

Give me a sec.

Here:

1 Like

And you are mistaken if you think characters that need to aim do not require any of the other skills(like positioning, awareness). In fact you need aim on top of everything else.
On topic:
I think mercy needs more nerfs before ana is viable, but we will see if that is the case in a few weeks.

I’ve seen a 6-stack of GM/T500ers from the Widow’s perspective where it was mostly bodyshot + callout to his teammates who he shot to finish them off.

1 Like