Increased Latency?

is it just me or does the latency today seems high enough? usually im at 47-50Ms but today in everygame my ping skyrockets to 130+ already checked on my end even switched ethernet cables to exlude that but after talking even with my internet provider and tested in other games aswell is just ow for me that has this issue. So it just me or anyone else experience high latency today?

1 Like

Probably being put into another server.

The odd time it happens with me when I que up with a friend.

I’m in the central NA server, then the odd time we get put into the West server.

any idea how to check that? currently im playing on Eu but it just seems so strange that anything i do this happens.

I had this happend in the past aswell but after a day it was fixed and now it keeps happening over and over again

No, sometimes it literally just puts you in a random server. On occasion, I get South America with like 160 ms while I’m usually on NA east with <40 ms. I only knew where I was cuz I asked the players in the game.

1 Like

oof so basicly im f…ed untill blizzard solve this? _

It shouldn’t be every game. For me personally it’s just on a rare occasion. Go to the battle net app and see what server it’s placing you in. Should be around the “play” butting for overwatch.

that was the first thing i checked its set on Eu which is correct but in every game im just getting high latency and even my character feels like rubber moving arround

It’s not bad in NA but I heard EU is really bad. Get put into the Middle Eastern and KR servers.

And no sadly, ever since they changed it, there isn’t anyway that you can.

Maybe try resetting your router or going on Ethernet if ur using wireless connection. It made a big difference for me.

You can also use ctrl shift n to see which server you’re on, Information about the Global Play server selection

1 Like

Basically the game puts you in a lobby wherever it needs players to fill that role for shorter que times.

If it’s Arcade or QP just leave and re que. But Comp, OOOUFFFF

thats what im afraid cause today wanted to do comp but if my latency behaves like this im kinda scared :stuck_out_tongue:

Well of you play heroes that don’t require low latency, then ya I would still que up for comp and see what happens

ummmmm i dont know what happend but suddenly its fixed i just que right to a match and my latency is 52 o.O. I think im starting loosing it LUL