Incorrect ranking (in masters; showed Diamond 5 )

I was Masters 5 rank. Upon completing 5 wins at this rank, I recorded my screen because it showed I went from Diamond 5 to Diamond 2. Instead of from Masters 5 to some other rank.

Because it incorrectly logged my starting rank, it’s more than reason to believe it incorrectly ranked me at Diamond 2. I’d like to review what happened because I assume the starting rank was “displayed incorrectly” but given it said I was originally in a completely different tier with the Diamond symbol, I don’t understand how that’s just a visual bug.
Pleaese let me know how to provide the video of the rank happening (showing Diamond 5 to Diamond 2).

Quick note, I’m not opposed to the idea that I deranked back to Diamond since I lost some games between but the way it happened makes me uncertain if the game just overall messed up my rank. I was falling down from my highest rank of Masters 3, especially since it had put me in games with fellow healers that were in Platinum while I was in Masters 3-5. I can also provide videos and screenshots that prove this if needed. This should be impossible given the literal “Tier Legend” on the competitive screen.

2 Likes

Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s tons of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.