Incorrect rank adjustment

Played some rank profile showed I was silver but when I won the final 5th game it showed bronze 5 ranking up to bronze 1. How did I start at bronze when I was silver yesterday? Anyone else have this problem

2 Likes

Im from silver 1(refreshed 3 times) n then went to gold 4(refreshed 2 times) n now im gold 5 like wtf .

1 Like

This is so weird. I haven’t played again yet. I’m also playing on console

1 Like

I had the same problem last night… I was Gold 4 and it showed that I was randomly Silver 2 and brought me down to Silver 5

1 Like

i had the same rn. i was plat 4, after the 5th victory, i had an animation that i was gold 2 n got gold 1:с

1 Like

It looks like the ranking system is not working as intented across the board. It is a shame the dev team are not speaking out about it

2 Likes

Looks like the issue just surfaced so we will prob get a response in the next hours/day.
Had the same thing happen to me Plat 3 → Gold 4 ‘Uprank’ to Gold 3.

1 Like

Good, but how are they going to fix everyone’s rank? We are all going to have to grind again?

1 Like

its why I am not playing the game atm

1 Like

Probably dont know IF they can even reset it :frowning:

1 Like

Yea probably best not to play. It’s probably not possible for them to fix everyone’s rank. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Same thing happened to me since i returned to the game for season 3, 3 times actually. I got to masters3 and before 5 games or 15 losses finish, i deranked to diamond 5 or diamond 3 or something. Similar things happened when i re-climbed to masters4 and masters5 .

I enjoy the current state of the game, and i even purchased some skins and battlepass to support the game, but if the game keeps de-ranking me while i m trying my hardest to climb to GM as a solo support player, i will quit this game forever.

To give a solid example, after reaching masters 5 i got 4wins and 6 losses and on my 4th win, i got deranked after the match. After the match, it showed me the promotion screens and promoted me from diamond 5 to diamond 2. But i was masters 5 before the match…

1 Like

i’ve been glitched and stuck in bronze 5 this whole season.

2 Likes

I was glitched in bronze in season 1. It is super frustrating

1 Like

Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s tons of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

I just experienced this bug, as well. I was plat 4 on tank. Got my 5th win and the animation showed me going from gold 4 to gold 1. Now I’m gold 1.

Really very discouraging to lose so much time and progress to a stupid bug. :frowning:

Blizzard, please fix it!!

3 Likes

Dude that sucks. It happened to me again in comp on DPS and comp mystery hero’s. I gave up, hopefully it’s fixed next season, cause this is ridiculous.

1 Like