In case you dont have realized, but Sombra is dead next patch

Her real casttime is pretty much 0.65s now so it gone up from 0.2s to 0.65s.

I can’t say that all to accuratly because they don’t have workshop in the PTR I needed to do my testing visually which makes it inaccruate.

You can still see the diffrence clearly tho.

Im glad, she needed this :smiling_imp:

That’s quite disappointing…

nope. i still say your calcs are wrong, i’ll do it with 2 players when ptr is downloaded. It’s looking much more then a 0.4s then a 0.65s. Which would double it, which is totally fine, cuase the emp is casting even before the audio que right now or before the visuall que with a ping of 70ms. Which is ridicoulus.

I made a whole post about it tho it instandly got burried under the hundrets of other posts -w-

The changes didnt happen to her, but to her surroundings. Sombra didnt become great based on her own changes. She became great (for pro play only mind you) because goats became meta and Sombra happened to be filling a niche where she is the only dps hero with an Ult which can contest that.

But as mentioned before, goats is gone after the 2-2-2 introduction. There is automatically even without any balance changes no Sombra meta anymore.

Taking the grace period away is still a nerf. No matter how you try to spin it. That nerf in particular left her even broken buggy for months to come.

1 Like

Hopefully if this makes her too weak they’ll buff her right up. Not that she was very strong outside of pro play though…

EMP is a hitscan ability :wink: you seem to indicate in your video that it is a projectile ability :smiley: that means, it still hacks before animation. It’s right at the start, which is around 0.4, not 0.65.

Read my post I put all my calcualtions in there is it shows that EMP atleast is 0.6s adding visuall errors we can assume that it is 0.65 but aslong as Workshop isn’t playable on the PTR getting accurate results is hard.

as i already told you :wink: No, your wrong.

I didn’t go from the EMP circle animation but from the enemy hacked animation.

Going from sombra’s animation would be incorrect

EMp is a los accualy not hitscan but its intebended from her own animation as we clearly saw in “old” or the current EMP

I accutaly did a comparison from the currend to the old one to get the most accuracy possible right now so I don’t think there is much to argue with the results.

Its not a matter of “if” anymore.
She is already not performing in any rank outside of pro play. What happens to an underperforming hero if you flat nerf that hero applying common sense?

I mean, she wasn’t great in pro scenes anyway. But I don’t think brig will be Sombras issue.

I

Which is why I added

She’s underpowered when she’s not in a game with great communication. But unfortunately they usually balance with OWL in mind, rather than us peasants.

Well about OWL, thats the thing. The comp she is played in in pro play literally cant even be played anymore.

I’ll still play my boo <3

1 Like

your second vidoe shows nothing, and this hacked animation is also not reliable. Try it, its showing after you got hacked. The hacked happens at the start of her pruple animation, right at the start. and everyone gets it instantly :smiley: yes i call it hitscan cause it doesn’t travel, but only looks for los.

You still didn’t get it.

What matters the most here is that the starting point and end point on the first and second clip is the same this way we can compare them.

We know for a fact that the first clip take 0.18s ingame we can take that information and know that our meassurments are atleast by 0.1s off because thats what we get if we suptract it with the after-edited timer.

Its about comparing and removeing the error mostly we can’t just stop the timer wherever we like.

just that you think everything is the same and you make the false assumption of thinking everything is the same. As it obviously isn’t… so… i mean, what happens in the 0.32s that she before had, are they completly vanished in the 0.65s…

I think it’s very sad that the devs don’t hear to the community at all.

So many great topics with great ideas…

They just care about their cash from OWL…

They changed the way you get emotes to cheer for your team… so I don’t cheer at all anymore - not playing another RNG game.

If they let this nerf through I’m going to hate OWL, like really.

I'm going to link this REWORK IDEA as long as Sombra stays just an EMP bot.