Impossible to log in to overwatch league website

Hi,
I can’t seem to be able to log in on the overwatch website.

Hey there, I am tracking these issues on my troubleshooting thread linked below. If you have not logged in yet, please press Ctrl+F5 to do a hard refresh of your web browser then try signing in again. Due to high volume, it may take several minutes for the login to process.

1 Like

Be patient, they’re a small $55B indie dev after all, and no one could have seen this demand coming.

21 Likes

I fixed my case by unblocking third party cookies (if that can help)

4 Likes

That is helpful information and yes that would be absolutely required for a task like this.

1 Like

For Home | The Overwatch League specifically:

Third party cookies weren’t blocked in Chrome for me. Still just returns to page without actually logging in. Disabling uBlock, even for the entire browser, didn’t help.

Firefox also gives nothing. Disabling the privacy controls, even browser-wide, doesn’t help. uBlock already disabled.

Edge at least shows a login screen, just doesn’t actually login. Never had any adblock.

No HOSTS file changes. No special router tables. Worked fine back when it was a Twitch embed.

1 Like

Please try again if you have not already, I am seeing more reports that players are now able to log in.

No improvement. In fact, Edge no longer goes to the login screen, even though it didn’t store my login. Thanks for following up, though.

I was able to log in on firefox.

1 Like

Turns out it was the permissions needing to be revoked and re-enabled. Bottom of account connections page, for those looking. So, a Blizz problem, but easily fixed.

3 Likes

Thanks, revoking old overwatch league permissions worked for me.

1 Like

I can confirm it was a permissions issue as well for blizzard.com account linked to overwatchleague.com on the connections page of your account information.

Disconnect your overwatchleague.com connection from the blizzard.com account, then go to overwatchleague.com and try to login with the button and it’ll ask for permission again and everything works after that.

Edit: never mind. It worked until I refreshed overwatchleague.com and now I can’t do it no matter what I try. No league tokens for me this year.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that the overwatch league website doesn’t seem to be saving cookies or any other browsing information at least for me. I can only earn tokens consistently by hitting the “Live Now” button at the top middle and viewing from the Match specific screen, but when I log in it brings me back to the default page. Because it isn’t saving cookies, this just causes a loop as it logs me out when trying to go to the match specific page.

On Chrome, going to the website and then opening settings -> more tools -> developer tools, and then on the bottom selecting the Application tab at the top, then Clear Storage on the left, shows that there are 0 bytes of website storage.

I have no websites blocked from saving cookies or other data and have tried resetting all relevant settings.

1 Like

I also can only get tokens from the “Live Now” match-specific pages. And they often don’t even get the YouTube embeds up on those pages until well into the first match, which makes this an extra pain. They also had the “Live Now” button go to the previous match once recently. Had to go to the schedule page to get to the actual current match. All this should largely be automated.

This issue is still present. I can’t log in with Firefox/Seamonkey browsers, though Seamonkey gave me a piece of information that everyone is missng…
When you try to log into the overwatch league website, it apparently uses a plugin to do it and that plugin is blocked in most up-to-date browsers with the exception of Chrome that finally let me log in like 7 months later.

Why is the overwatch league website separate from the rest of the blizzard network of sites? Logging into all other blizzard properties works perfectly, but the overwatch league site is still broken? - just refreshes the site without doing anything and gives this in the URL when it fails:
overwatchleague dot com/en-us/?error=unsupported_response_type&error_description=Unsupported%20response%20types:%20%5B%5D

And yes, I’ve cleared literally everything including making new user profiles in the affected browsers that block unknown plugins by default AND are now blocking flash plugins and java plugins by default. Get your stuff together and stop using plugins that are security nightmares and deprecated.

1 Like

You’ll want to direct this feedback to the developers in #bug-report, since Tech Support staff has said they don’t offer assistance for the website/how it works.

If you’re here today because your account won’t login to overwatchleague.com, this solution worked for me:

Can log in anywhere without a problem except the overwatchleague page. Was logged in 15min before the the stream would start and suddenly got kicked off and can’t get to relog. Getting the error ?error=unsupported_response_type&error=unsupported_response_type in the addressbar.

1 Like

Tried 5 different browsers and 2 different phones can’t get to log in anywhere. I’m watching a lot of overwatchleague so I’m a bit bummed that I gotta miss out on the finals like this.

LOL

" We’ll be back soon!

The Blizzard family of websites is currently undergoing maintenance to improve your browsing experience. Thank you for your patience!"

Great timing for login server maintenance, Bliz.

2 Likes