Impossible to earn OWL tokens with switch to Youtube

If not being able to get a cosmetic skin for free causes you to quit, you were playing for the wrong reasons and should leave.

19 Likes

It does seem that tokens are coming back at some point. Youtube and OWL haven’t just set them up yet. How long that will take is another question entirely.

And yeah, I don’t see a single skin (in a 1st person game to boot, where I can’t see it most of the time) to be worth that kind of price. If I can spend some time to get that, okay. I have too much of that on my hands anyway, and I kind of like the Goat skin. But paying half a week’s meals’ worth? Nope.

2 Likes

Brigitte is one of my fave characters and I’d been waiting for a really special skin for her. I was very lucky to have had over 200 tokens saved up from the last time OWL streamed on Twitch, so I could get it no problem - but I would never evr pay real money for a skin. I just feel so angry about all the people who can’t get this skin. It might sound really silly but I feel it’s so unfair to release it while there’s no way to earn tokens.

6 Likes

Yeah I’m not happy about not getting tokens too…hope they fix it somehow soon…

1 Like

I play to waste time, not to pay more. I can do that with any game.

1 Like

There is no time frame but we do know that they are trying to work to find a way to make this happen. As always tokens are available to purchase on your game platform store. please keep an eye on this thread for updates regarding rewards watching Overwatch League this season:

2 Likes

I was actually thinking of watching until I heard you can’t get tokens anymore.

I apologize. I didn’t realize you couldn’t waste time in Overwatch without the Brigitte Goat skin. I hope whatever other game you leave Overwatch for works out better for you.

2 Likes

Doesn’t sound like you were watching before either…

1 Like

if you don’t want to pay for something nobody is obligated to provide you an alternative method to acquire it. What kind of weird logic is that?

1 Like

That’s what I said…

Read what I was replying to…doesn’t sound like you’ve ever actually watched…so not entirely sure why blizz should care that you can’t get tokens honestly

1 Like

So you’re saying you don’t watch anything on youtube then unless you’re profiting from it?

I will be honest I will watch the full games and March if there was tokens but since there isn’t i just saw the Toronto and Dallas games that’s it. There was no reason for me to continue watching.

It’s definitely fair, don’t whine too hard now

I understand being disappointed about the switch, but don’t argue about fairness because that’s irrelevant

Not watching unless it gives drops. And even then I don’t really care that much. I prefer watching amateur streamers anyway.

It sounds like you were one of the people that let it stream only to get tokens.

it’s because the two previous OWL exclusive skins (winson and zen) could be bought with token drops from stream or real money, and this one can’t because of the switch to youtube. It’s not weird logic when i’m pointing out how this particular skin can’t be gotten by the same means the previous two were - and this is unfair.

Assuming that you will always have the ability to get things for free just because the chance was there before is your own failing.

Everyone had the same chance. Not being able to buy something because you don’t have the money isn’t unfair, it’s how life works.

It sucks you can’t get the limited skin. Sure. But it isn’t unfair.

if you read the entire post, you’d see i do have the skin. No need to get into “oh that’s life” - this is about a video game. I’m not gonna argue with you, i’ve made my point regardless.

*quoted wrong post