I'm tired of this stupid discord

Just maybe Blizzard could cultivate a better forum cutlure, but Blizzney laid of 800 people, especially in community/heldpesk department.

Seriously Blizzney f. upped so hard on so many levels, it’s no wonder that their is a total disconnect between devs and the forum

2 Likes

No. You literally just went “no YOU’RE the whiners!”

7 Likes

You were saying? Lol

Even if I did it sounds like people got pissed & offended about it which is kinda funny how they cant face the truth & it kinda tells something about the forums.

The forums is not one person.

I mean, he just said it was kinda funny that you were whining about the whiners. The point you actually wanted to make sounds more interesting that what you actually ended up saying. So I guess to change this conversation over, why do you feel that pro whining is better than forum whining?

If I am conducting an interview what comes out is still at my discretion because that is how interviews work. If I spend an hour questioning someone I am not going to put out the entire transcript. Everything you described is how interviews work. Once again we are back to you basically making arguments against interviews themselves.

I get you do not like the discord. However, it is clearly a better place to get feedback than these forums and probably still better than reddit at certain things.

Lets say that everyone’s whining then at this point to make it simple.

Im gonna be real here to say that i’d rather listen the pro’s who play this game professionally & for their work cause they dont lack the understandment of the game/how the game works, etc unlike the forum users.

What privileged discussions on Discord do you mean?

No. It isn’t. Because you’re not understanding that it’s not an interview. Typically, when an interview is conducted, the whole transcript might not get included and there are things that are off the record. This is true. But the interview isn’t just a private conversation that the newspaper does or doesn’t publish at a whim. The guidelines for what get cuts also isn’t arbitrary. The interviewer’s entire question is also typically included, with people knowing exactly who said what. That isn’t the case with a leaked private conversation.

It isn’t an interview. It is a leaked private conversation, and there is a difference in the randomness of what is shared.

2 Likes

Look, zenyatta is trying okay? Hes n- Oooooh the stupid creator discord. Yeah honestly its pretty wack. These may as well be called the Unofficial overwatch forums at this point

11 Likes

And I’m gonna be real with you as well. I think it strongly depends on the opinion in question, as well as the pro in question. I think you are making a pretty big assumption that they all know how the game works. They don’t. Just like in real life sports, there are players that can do, but not teach and don’t understand things well. And there are people who can teach and have a deep understanding, but have absolutely no ability to do anything themselves. Some of the best coaches were lackluster players, and some of the best players weren’t that great at coaching. Keep that in mind.

That’s because gaming is partially a physical activity, and physical capability is not and will never be a substitute for knowledge.

There have been times when pros have been dead wrong and the forums were correct. And there were times when the opposite was true.

Overall, the pros and streamers DO have more knowledge than the forums. And they certainly have a better track record. But I don’t think you should be dismissing opinions in such a way because of something so basic. Learn the game as much you can yourself, look at what the statistics say, which are much more objective, and then judge for yourself what is and isn’t a good opinion. Do so based on the opinion itself, and not only the speaker or format.

3 Likes

It is not like someone else leaked Jeff’s words to Stylosa. Stylosa is the one who “leaked” it in the video he made. You can watch the video.

Now a better argument is that of course they should have pointed out that the fade change would come with a cooldown change to fade when they posted it to the EXC. However, as Jeff points out that seemed obvious to him, but was clearly not to everyone else.

Again though the very thing you tried to frame it as “future of the game changes” is not what that is. It is a simple clarification on an EXC change that is probably not going live on this iteration, aka something that is not even really pressing to put out there.

Perhaps not in this case, but that has happened on multiple occasions. It’s not about this particular incident, it’s about how inadequate it is to rely on leaks of private conversations instead of proper interviews or public discourse.

1 Like

Of course that discord finds out information first, because they do not flip out at Blizzard for daring to change their mind. You cannot give early notice to the forums until stuff is set in stone because of the reactions that happen when plans change. You can give that notice to the discord and get early feedback on changes and adjust without dealing with the community backlash.

Valve is considered people’s favorite game companies and yet they have next to no communication with the community. Do you know how Half Life: Alyx went? It was announced in a video 4 months before release, a few interviews were given, and then a trailer put up when it was close to release. That was the sum of communication with the community.

2 Likes

You’re joking right?

These content creators and streamers flip out more than most people on this forum. Most of them scream, yell and whine like little children to get their way.

4 Likes

Blizzard’s absurdly poor communication skills is a big reason why they get so much backlash. They didn’t receive the backlash from 321 that they did about the Moira change because their communication about 321 was much more transparent and open.

Valve is a terrible example because of the biggest points of contention about them is their poor communication skills. That a company can still be successful without good communication doesn’t turn bad communication into good communication. They are successful despite their poor communication, not because of it.

The most beloved companies are ones with both good communication and who make good games.

3 Likes

When streaming yes, that is literally their entire shtick, but a person or a small group of persons are reasonable. People, especially people on the forums, are not reasonable. People turned into snowflakes over the fact that they changed a McCree spray that almost certainly was not in the top 10 most used for him. People flip out over every EXC change. People flipped out when they tested 1-3-2 despite being OUTRIGHT TOLD that it would not go live. I would not share anything with these forums until I was sure it was something I wanted to do.

1 Like

It’s usually the same ones over and over again.

It should be noted that these forums are the official feedback mechanism for Blizzard. If you try to leave feedback through their support system, it directs you to leave it here.

These forums are also where you are directed to leave bug reports. I found out just today that they’ll let you open a “web ticket” for performance related issues, but if you are reporting a bug, you are directed to do it here.

That being the case, they should also make these forums the official casual news outlet. That is, they should eat their own dog food.

8 Likes