Im tired of Healers Playing Victim

Yes you have picked a healer to heal the team, if they ask for heals this isn’t them being toxic against you, you will survive, i don’t get it i love playing healer, i enjoy doing it, when people ask for heals i don’t feel offended.

The absolutely insane amount of games where i ask for heals, and the healer from then on starts spamming “No No No No No” while not healing me is absurd. Grow up… You’re a healer do it, it’s not hard.

Now becuase its the forums you will all get mad and triggered. So i will have to explain i am not talking about times where ppl are 200 meters away from the nearest healer and rages or any other situation like it.

30 Likes

Ok.

7 Likes

Overwatch doesn’t have healers, it has supports that can play how they choose to, if they choose not to healbot that’s their choice. Once again, we have support heroes, not healers.

13 Likes

My favorite is when they get mad at you because they’ve ‘had to heal you all game’. Yeah, this is the life of a MT now. We don’t like it either.

6 Likes

DPS convert to Support here.

I agree, tbh. Even if someone is spamming the button, I’m happy there are. I’m happy to help too.

That doesn’t excuse them from not supporting their team through heals… that’s kind of asinine, actually.

before someone calls me a healbot, I’m very aggressive/going to opportunity kills too… I balance my dmg output and healing; i try to minmax as much as possible.

Healing isn’t hard, but people like to throw their personal ego in there. “HOW DARE YOU TELL ME TO HEAL YOU!”

5 Likes

There is nothing I expect and appreciate more than the X button for healing tbh. I am low elo and my gamesense is not that good and when someone actually tells me either in VC or by pressing X that they need healing, helps me a lot. And with this I want to thank those players who try and help me even if they do not mean to, to not tunnelvision :smiley:

With that being said, asking for healing while you yourself know (you know that no one needs to call you out on this) that you f up and fed and are in a position where you cannot be healed unless you are close to a healthpack, spare yourself the trouble and everyone else and just die and reset. And next time play smarter. S happens, we all make mistakes, move on.

If you ask for a pocket, I personally beam with joy when players do this, since mostly everyone is so silent and expect their healers in Gold to be able to read minds or be some kind of psychics, then also be aware of where your pocket is, especially if I am playing Mercy and my beam disconnects for a few secs. Do not try to save your own life while leaving me to the wolves. Tbh, in those cases I mostly blame myself for sticking with my pocket while they decided to take a very disadvantageous position, so this is more on me than on them.

Also, when is anyone ever in Gold going to learn to try and taxi your Mercy when she dies? I have never seen anyone, even if I call it out, to stop a bit and wait until your Mercy can GA to you from spawn. Not to mention ppl going in one by one while the team is respawning and both healers are down.

You have no right to call for heals when you are trying to do a 1vs6 flashy “me want potg” thingy, and you most definitely have the right to call for heals when your healers are too stupid to notice that you are standing right next to them spamming for heals for the past 10 secs while being at 10HP. And you have the right to spam for heals when you notice that your supports are way too busy tunnel visioning in order to notice what is happening around them.

4 Likes

Lol I’ve played this game since launch and I’ve never seen this behavior but even so, unless it’s ana, mercy or zen… They don’t really have a choice to avoid you so… Either adjust or just deal and report.

Trolls b trolls like… ¯_༼ •́ ͜ʖ •̀ ༽_/¯

I HATE people who do this. if they refuse to heal me, I report them.

BUT, don’t make the mistake of asking the enemy team to report them, because they will end up reporting you.

2 Likes

K so me starting at bronze and over time improving to top 500 is false because MMR handicapping

3 Likes

If heals do not achieve results, there would be no heals.

Like, seriously, why we are expected to heal, if you would die anyway?

I aim to minimise actions, that do not achieve results.

What about all the people spamming “I need healing” when they are already dead?

6 Likes

When you flame someone for your death and asking for “better heals” it is pretty expected for them to be mad at you.
You can’t treat someone badly and expect them to do a better job because of that

6 Likes

If kills are done, heals are delivered. Otherwise, you are expendable cannon fodder.

1 Like

Beat me to it.

It’s support. Heroes like Zen to add discord, Lucio to help movement speed, Mercy can heal or damage boost, etc.

If you want a burst heal bot, you got the wrong game.

2 Likes

Just ignore him. He’s just another loon who blames “the big bad system” for his rank, all while ignoring all evidence to the contrary, and those of us who have climbed. People like him have plagued these forums for a while now. Don’t let them bother you.

3 Likes

that was actually a dumber response that i even expected. well done

2 Likes

Eh what was i supposed to say?

All what was said here is that x group shouldn’t do a certain thing.
No questions, no suggestions… just a plain ol’ statement of which i myself can’t do anything with.

1 Like

you are assuming a scenario that i am not describing and no i’ve never stopped healing a person i didn’t like. i like to play the game.

STOP &%^&$ SPAMMING THIS

3 Likes

Stop spewing this nonsense and man up. We all make mistakes and have tons of things to improve on. Work on your mistakes instead of blaming the match maker

3 Likes