I'm so tired of this ranked Matchmaking

It’s only getting worse and worse, I’ve played countless seasons and i’ve come to the conclusion, that you, in case you’re not gm or top500, have !almost! zero impact on your own rank.

The matchmaking system is not working properly. You have streaks and loses only based on what teammates you’ll get or who has the better smurf.
It’s everytime the same pattern. How can people still defend this system??

A few seasons ago I was playing masters as a tank and now I can’t even get up to diamond again because during my placements or the games after, I’ll get leavers or dd’s who can’t even get above 3k dmg during all rounds, leaving me as a tank with gold medals in dmg. So much fun to play against a Reinhardt with a shield that’s almost always up and not getting any dmg.

If you’re doing better than others on your rank, you’ll get worse teammates to even this out. If you win some games in a row, you’ll all of a sudden get teammates who don’t communicate at all. EVERY SINGLE TIME!
Espeacially as a tank main, it’s such a pain in the a**. Same is having loving streaks, and suddenly, who would have thought, get super nice teammates, communication on point and getting picks.

In addition, smurfs are such a big problem. I’m so tired of people telling me “oh, but they’ll be at their ranks very soon”. Countless Youtube videos prove otherwise, that even top500 players played like 10 games on lower sr’s, ruining the game experience for others. So If 1 player can ruin 10 games, you can imagine how much games are ruined these days for players playing on their mains.

In almost every game I encounter people with below level 50, playing the typical smurf heroes and carry their team to a win. And yes, this happens with my team as well, and I hate to win like this, because it’s just pure nonsense.

I mean you should ask “why would blizzard do this to their community?”
It’s the same way EA-Games handles his FIFA-Games.
Profit.
If you’re constantly losing, it’s demotivating, same goes for winning.
So what could you do against? A forced winrate of 50%.
Fifa does this perfectly with the ingame Momentum mechanics, collecting data while playing to change players chance to win during the game.
So you’re still thinking blizzard does not do the same?
EA, as well as jeff denies such mechanics but everyone who has played tons of matches, can easily tell that such mechanics exist even though they’re saying otherwise.

The saddest thing is, that this is working perfectly. The system want’s you to continue gaming. You can somehow compare it to a slotmachine. Some winning here and there, and you’ll keep playing and forget about the unfair loses.
The chances of people paying for lootboxes are higher, when they’re investing more time into this game. It’s simple as that.

Blizzard betrays in every single way to get more money.
Now you can come and tell me to git gud.
There are 6 people in a team. When Blizzard wants you to lose, you’ll lose, unless you’re doing some inhuman game.

20 Likes

I also have a feeling that I am busting my hands out to do the best I can for victory only to get worse team mates. Having games lost in same style made me do things over the map that makes people scratch their heads and I have to do it because my team mates can’t.

This what happened to me today.

I played 5 matches where I performed extremely well. However, I lost all 5 matches.
Then, I stopped to perform extremely well because it doesn’t pay off.
Then I lost another 2 matches where I performed average and bad.

Then I stopped playing because I saw no point, even if I want to play more.
I want to play but I can’t because no matter what I do, reward is lost match.

At this point, I don’t care about climbing or SR at all.
I just want to know that what I do makes sense and gets rewarded.

7 Likes

Yeap. It only takes one bad season then that’s it. GAME OVER.

it’s mmr matchmaking. the problems are just becoming more apparent as the playerbase decreases, the result is games are just managed stomp trading.

with 222 each role should have seperate skill critera and then just match up each team based on matching players of same pure skill for each role of each team.

the game tries to have some one size fits all skill rating which becomes meaningless so they have to rely on their secret mmr formula which puts 2 teams together with a collective 50% chance of winning which means handicapping some and boosting others which means wins are ultimately determined by who has the weakest link and because the game is so cumulative advantage wise it just ends up with majority of games being stomps.

8 Likes

I went into it in a bit more detail here. It is strongly evident that it is happening, and nobody has been able to present a rational argument to discredit the evidence I’ve observed. If it interests you, have a quick read and bump it for visibility.

1 Like

It’s been like this since season 1. They don’t care about fair play as long as money comes in from al the multiple accounts where people hack and smurf on. This whole game and franchise has become a joke.

Don’t mind the few morons defending this since the game has probably not more then 2k active players they need to hold on the denial that everything is ok.

3 Likes

I too am also sick of the placement system. I do my best to communicate targets as a healer, or example, and when possible dps those targets while doing my best to keep people alive. Often a team is just to heavy to carry. My sr in healer this season couldn’t be much lower even though I am high gold.

I dont agree that blizzard abuses people to make money. They want their customers to be happy not mad.

1 Like

If you look closely at the game and look at their other titles you will know this is unfortunately not true. They really don’t care. Look at warcraft reforged for example. Or world of warcraft, they only care about how long people stay online, not if it is fun.

The only thing overwatch has done is becoming the most obnoxious wannabe woke game there is.

Meta for pros is stuff played a lot efficiently my team only plays the meta even if their terrible at that character thank god genji isnt in meta a lot

Haven’t played for 2 months, had a hideous losing streak playing my heart out but had impossible games. Then had a win streak when I played terrible but couldn’t lose if I tried . Stupid system, dated game ! Been playing darksouls on switch insted been having more fun than the last year of ow

3 Likes

The weird thing is, if I play my best and improve, I get more losses. When I get frustrated and play crappy, the next few matches are easy and we roll against the enemy team.

It feels as if the better I play, the more anchor teammates I get. When I play crappy, I become the anchor in the next match and have a bunch of hard carry teammates - and we win easy.

So in order to climb, I can’t keep improving, I have to play bad for a match or two, then I get good teams again.

But, a lot of people here say there are no forced losses - all losses are my fault alone. Maybe I am just a conspiracy theorist who sees phantoms everywhere - but only in this game, and never in any others.

So if you want to win, play to lose – at least every once in a while. That’s my MMR experience.

3 Likes

Just did Tank placements and I agree. I was most time the only one alive, gold kills and high matrix in every match. I even stayed with team tried to protect them but seems teammates are running away from own protection lol. In enemy team always 1 Dps Smurf (and ofcourse I am alays the only one able to kill him) while in own team probably a Tobjörn who don’t do any kill. nvm go ranked low gold now lmao.

i won all 5 of my placement matches with all gold/ silver medals as a tank and still get garbage rank when my friends do way worse get higher rank. i was stuck in the ridiculous bronze loop last season because of this. you cant solo queue and get out of the abyss when i always do way better then the rest of the team. Blizz either needs to fix their algorithm. or not make it off last season. this is completely frustrating.

2 Likes

yes match making is to total joke in competitive.

1 Like

Matchmaking is absolutely @#%@%!ed and as a Diamond border can 100% confirm to all to the above - the state of the game during placements is even worse in 2-2-2.
Why do we have placements as well?
Is it fun for people who only play competitive to be bombarded with quickplay players and other casuals for their 5 games to get some purple coin? On top of that with all the smurfs playing their alt accounts?
It’s not. Why is this happening? It’s not fun for them and it’s not fun for people who play the game competitively.
Blizzard…

Been saying this stuff for years only to be laughed at, tin foil hat and all that. But it’s there! Handicapping the matches too hard.

The matches don’t matter. Wins and losses don’t matter. You just play to impress the system, and it decides where you rank.

Oddly enough this means you can improve and rank up, just not how you think. You play your rigged up matches only to let the system judge your play behind the scenes and force you into some rank it thinks you belong.

2 Likes

I’d tell you to start using the system to your advantage.

If Blizzard “games the algorithm” for addiction you should become addicted to winning.

Saying, my comp win rate jumped 15% over a season when I started quitting after two consecutive losses. I became a player addicted to a 65% win rate.

Avg SR on wins: 23
Avg Sr on losses: 18

Track that metric for your personal performance.

1 Like

Wow some of you should be novelists. The number of words in op literally cracked me up this morning.

Some seasons ago my ex-gf played first time overwatch didn’t know what to do just randomly shot, didn’t mass kills or anthing special ->ranked plat
At same season I won all 5 placements, did very well, gold medals potgs and so on -> ranked low gold

1 Like

I won all my games on tank and three of them on support, got ranked 100-200 SR lower than where I ended last season, lost three matches as DPS and ranked 500 points higher. The system isn’t about wins and losses, it’s about whether you prayed to the RNG god today.

2 Likes