I'm so tired of the stupid server

disconnecting me three times in one match and then pentalizing me for it

my internet was perfectly fine as my family had no troubles with it, I had no abnormally high ping, and the game said “server failed, trying to reconnect” three times and for about a minute each time

I swear, if I got the amount of sr I’ve lost from getting disconnected from when I started playing I’d be in gm

and no, my internet was not bad in my 8 previous games

1 Like

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please start a new topic in the Technical Support forum and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

(^^)v

2 Likes

no it was in the login screen, right above the login/cancel button

but there was no blips in the internet and nothing happened in my previous games

Next time use your time and play games for sr instead of coming here and lie for get some … U say u was GM but tor rank is 2.3k lol kappa liar next time use profile private

But there is a chance there is a hub with your Internet Service Provider or any network partner that connects you to the connection route goes down. If you did do the troubleshooting and ensured there are no possible issues on your end (yes EVEN IF you do not fully disconnect from the internet). The next step is a WinMTR test to catch the disconnection and pinpoint where it is occuring:

WinMTR instructions:

1. Download WinMTR from http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/ (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
  2. Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
  3. Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
  4. Run the WinMTR.exe
  5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
    Network Graph
    note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 12.34.56.78:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 12.34.56.78
  6. Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
  7. Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
  8. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between: ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~

If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:

• US West - 24.105.30.129
  • US Central - 24.105.62.129
  • Brazil - 54.207.107.12
  • Europe - 185.60.114.159
  • Europe - 185.60.112.157
  • Korea - 211.234.110.1
  • Taiwan - 203.66.81.98

Bro he is lying look at his sr and he say was close to gm

I just didn’t say that

I said if I got back all the sr I’ve lost from disconnecting I’d be gm

Sure u was 4k instead of 2
3k :)))) Thats means u got more than 3 season ban and that’s means perm competitive ban…

you aren’t understanding but okay

OMG u continues doing that so let me explain u.If u get 5 ban in one season u get permanent cureent season ban and thats mean u need to lost connection to 5 matches.And if u get 3 permanent cureent season ban u will get permanent competitive ban and thats means u will never can play comp on this account.And thats means u need to get ban in 15 matches.And with an avarage of 23 sr/match u will reach max plat

BlueTwinkles that has nothing to do with what Idocrase is saying.

Idocrase gave an expression to his situation similar to something like “If I had a nickle for every time…”

1 Like

each time you leave/DC you lose 50 sr

over a year and half spread out, ive lost about 1500

2300+1500=3800 so masters

yeah

anyways, I’m just a bit salty but its fine

I’ll just grind more games later

So u are saying your win percent is 100% and u lose sr only when u sre disconnected

no

just leave it, it doesn’t matter