I'm sick of asking for this simple QOL buff for Sombra that we've asked for since she came out

Again, I’m not arguing against it. I’m merely saying that of all the things I want for Sombra, this is probably near the bottom of the list for priorities. It’s more the OP’s attitude of demanding it as if it were owed to him that I have an issue with.

1 Like

I get that. But frankly, it’s right under “bug fixes” and “damage thresholds” on my list.

Why did I laugh at this comment? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I do like this idea - I genuinely do. But I would say that this, damage thresholds, and anything wrt the 2s cd on hack are literally at the bottom of my priorities. I do not consider any of them to be large concerns.

I just don’t like getting knocked out of stealth from 50 meters away by less than one damage because Reaper happened to see me as he was coming back from spawn.

1 Like

Yeah yeah i know , Its just an ilustration i found so people could get an idea

I don’t get it either. They’ve added countless things to save us mic traffic, why not this? It’s been requested since she first appeared on the PTR.

5 Likes

And every time since then

I don’t like when people call out discord targets because I can see it on the screen very clearly and the amount of times he changes target causes a needless amount of vocal interruption, to the point that Zen is talking the whole game and it’s very distracting. I need to hear the game, I don’t need to hear who you are looking at every 2 seconds. Put the discord on the target and I will assume you are being threatened by them, that’s really all we need. Sombra should get the same treatment. Hacks do not last long and I don’t want to call them all out individually. What if I EMP 3 people but it looked like 5 were in the ring so now we’re all unsure if Rein can hammer us down or not? The visual aide needs to be different.

One problem: what happens when discord and hack are on the same person?

Lol what’s the matter, can’t kill a hacked enemy with a full clip of Sombra’s SMG and the use of a mouse? No dude, there’s already an animation telling people whose been hacked.

You’re missing the point.

It’s not that we can’t see it, its that its MUCH less obvious. It’s extremely easy to miss in the middle of a battle.

A simple floating skull over the head of hacked enemies would make a world of a difference.

We’re not asking for much here. A floating 1D texture over someone’s head. A dev can probably implement that in 10 minutes.

Saying “lol blizz don’t do it” is saying “Blizzard, please continue making hacked enemies harder for me to spot. I don’t want it easy to see. I enjoy occasionally missing the fact that someone’s hacked because there’s a billion things going on at once. I enjoy not making the most of my Sombra teammate’s hacking.”

For this change, you lose what exactly? How does this change negatively effect any of you? How does this detract from your experience to where you shouldn’t have it?

7 Likes

The purple ball drifts off-centre above people. Presumably they foresaw issues like this, harmony orb is the same.

2 Likes

The two debuffs don’t have to be the exact same size and opaqueness. Maybe the aura could just be more noticeable or the symbol could be whatever the most recent debuff was. I don’t really have a problem getting attention on targets that are also discorded. I have a problem with getting attention on targets that are simply hacked and nothing else, because the debuff is such a small window and I usually have to explain it before it happens to get any notice to it.

Exactly, that is why every Sombra main has been asking for this QOL buff since the beginning. I mean, even some Zenyatta want more of an obvious visual for discord because people have seemingly low awareness.

If that’s really a concern, just put it in the middle of their body

One already pops up in the middle when you hack someone. If they made it linger, it’d make a whole world of difference

This would be a great QoL change for her.

Ps. You may want to remove certain words from your post, don’t want to get banned.

yes add more visual cluster to the game…

1 Like

Oh how I wish they actually were purple.

1 Like

voice chat also overrated.

1 Like