I'm sick of asking for this simple QOL buff for Sombra that we've asked for since she came out

For the love of all that is holy and sacred.

It has been a year and a half.

Add. A. Damn. Sugar. Skull. Icon. Over. The. Heads. Of. Hacked. Enemies.

64 Likes

You already have glowing purple swirls around the enemy, if they can’t notice they’re just dumb.

2 Likes

Those glowing purple swirls are hard to see from most distances, especially on smaller heroes that I hack.

It’s not hard to add a simple glowing icon over the model of an enemy showing the timer for hack.

15 Likes

While certainly a fine suggestion, it’s nothing basic communication cannot solve. “Mercy hacked”, “Rein hacked” etc over the mic. I guarantee it’ll be far more effective than relying on your teammates to notice for themselves.

The purpose however is to allow for teammates to react quicker. There’s only so much time an enemy is hacked for and wasting time isn’t optimal.

10 Likes

They’re actually glowing red swirls. They are also subtle, blend in with the outline of the enemy, and hard to see at distance.

SOmeone get’s discorded, anyone with a pair of eyes can see it. Someone gets Hacked and your gun has to be up their butt to see the visual effects.

15 Likes

I see hacked targets fine.

1 Like

Zen has an applyable debuff that’s easily visible and doesn’t require communication.

On top of that, if you’re playing with a 5 stack but not in the group, they aren’t going to enter team chat.

5 Likes

That’s great. Not everyone does.

2 Likes

God imagine what that would do in a sniper meta? Hey let me show you exactly where my head is, it’s directly under this giant skull icon.

Is that any different from a discord orb?

6 Likes

A little bit. A discord isn’t as obvious. I feel like a giant skull icon is different then a physical orb.

It’s just as obvious. We don’t need a giant billboard floating over Rein’s head, but something small and visible to denote they’re Hacked.

3 Likes

Zen still benefits from calling out discord target, though. I’m not saying this isn’t a good idea, I’m just saying there are some fairly easy mitigations for the problem that work really well, and is not nearly as required as the OP makes it sound, demanding it like it’s literally the thing that makes her unplayable.

1 Like

We can hope

5 Likes

Well hey at least she would have some use.

2 Likes

It should be a thing. They even have more visible Hack indicators coded into the game already. If you played Sombra in uprising, Hacked targets have the pink swirls and the sugar skull swirling around their bodies. There’s no reason for it to not be in the game.

1 Like

Surely this is not the scale that you (or whoever made the mockup) suggests it be? That thing is enormous.

2 Likes

While some people are going to suggest simple communication, this often doesn’t work in random groups or when you’re solo-queued. Sombra is severely limited by the amount of teamwork required for her to pull her weight, so making her contributions easier for teammates to follow up on is a good thing.

I’d like to see the full hacked medpack effect on hacked enemies - the skull over the head, and visible through walls for the duration. That would finally make her the support assassin she was billed as being.

8 Likes

Why do you care if you don’t use her anyways then?