I'm mute. The new ping restrictions prevent me from comming

Geez, I feel like the very least they could do is give you a visible timer so you atleast know.

But yeah, that’s all around poopy.

2 Likes

its not a timer issue right now. whats happening right now is a bug

2 Likes

I don’t even have accessibility issues, but pings have been essentially removed for all intents and purposes. It’s just dumb.

You can only ping like twice, before it prevents you from pinging AT ALL for the next like, minute or two.

5 Likes

They are very toxic and hateful people that pretend to care about integrity and respect, but their true colors run deep.

2 Likes

I don’t have any physical issues, but I do suffer from social anxiety, specifically phone calls/VC. So I definitely feel you here, the ping system is an awesome addition, sad to see it nerfed :frowning:

10 Likes

One of the things that’s stopping me from playing as much is how much Comp relies on repetative and aggressive voice comms.

I don’t really mind it as much, but my wife does. It’s also difficult to play with IRL friends without accidentally yelling at them.

I also originally started FPS gaming with TRIBES, and it’s sad how it had better voiceline menus in 1998 than Overwatch in almost 2024.

I'll make a thread later on VGS

3 Likes

I have the opposite problem. I can use the other commands, but can’t say “Thank you” to my team mate while looking at them.

Sucks even more because there’s a daily to thank a support.

6 Likes

I have an inability to use any sort of headset for longer than half an hour without getting a migrane while also living with other people, so I don’t want to risk some douche screaming obscenities and slurs at the top of his lungs over voice chat.

The communication systems such as character command lines (“I’m going in”, “I’m on my way”, “I’m with you”, “Come to me for healing”, and more) and pings are a godsend and really add to the game.

Being able to quickly and easily let my team know that I’m about to head in and throw down an ultimate, or that there’s an enemy Reaper lurking and setting up to sprout a Death Blossom, or that I’m still running back from spawn and that they shouldn’t push in yet, or that they are not in range of healing, or that I still have one or two seconds before my ultimate comes online… well, it’s all rather fantastic and how it should be.

I don’t know whether it’s a bug or intentional, but the wonky command comms this patch has introduced has actively made the game more irritating for me and I hope it’s fixed soon, especially since QP has Mauga in it; I’d like to play Comp to get a grasp of the other changes introduced, and this situation hits Comp harder than QP.

Thank you for reading my rant.

4 Likes

Ppl have been playing with no coms for years my guy. Bringing a disability for a non issue is just lame.

Maybe don’t spam pings for every insignificant thing? (ppl are just going to ignore you anyway if you spam them all the time)

1 Like

this. cant even ask for healing. Idk wtf they are doing over there but they need to clean house and hire an entire new team. these are the most incompetent amateur AAA devs ive seen in my entire life.

4 Likes

I’m sorry, I don’t usually tell people. I just say I have no mic but the game just got me so frustrated that I suddenly cannot communicate since the start of season 8.

I play Mercy and I try not to ping too much unless it is something important that my team should be aware of. I usually actively tell players when I can and cannot resurrect them using the in game ping system. Some people even appreciate my method of communication because it is using in game systems which instantly gets the point across without any toxicity. Being unable to communicate in a team based game like this really negatively affects my gameplay, and makes me feel helpless :frowning: .

4 Likes

I agree on that. And I use it intensively too. Just trying to say that a bit of restricted access isn’t the end of the world. It is there to prevent spam.

1 Like

?

How often do you have to ping? I ping a bit and didn’t run into any issues unless I was spamming it.

The ping system is really buggy. I’ve had issues with it just plain not working between rounds. One round it’s working, the next it is totally unresponsive.

4 Likes

I really wish this wasn’t a thing. Between that and the characters saying thanks on their own, really amplifies my trust issues

1 Like

Apologies if this is a personal question and off topic but does it physically hurt to talk? How does being mute even work it’s always intrigued me

Are we not doing phrasing, anymore? :rofl:

There are times where a ping simply doesn’t work for me. Same with the various commands like “I’m going in”. I press the button, nothing.

Occassionally I’ll have to multi-ping because the system messes up. For example, it’ll ping the Rein that’s at the edge of my screen when I’m wanting to ping the Ana under my crosshair, or it’ll plant a generic “enemy here!” when I’m trying to get the “come to me for healing” command to come out.

2 Likes

It is quite frustrating when we are being c9’d and I’m spamming the the objective just for it to tell me “Too many messages.” This needs to be changed as it’s genuinely ruining the game for everybody.

4 Likes

Try removing the communication wheel for the ping wheel instead. I remember the old one being bugged at the launch of OW2. It has since been fixed as of now. With the newest update, if you don’t have match, team, and group chat enabled. You cannot communicate with other players. Even if it is just saying thanks to their original ping. Before this update, you could turn those settings off and still register comms.

1 Like