I'm mad about this suspension system

My internet cut out for about 15 seconds and I got my second matchmaking penalty of the day. 60 minutes suspension and my endorsement level went down to 2.

This is just a complaint.

1 Like

I disconnected from a support game and lost 10 Sr on dps and tank, such a fun system! I love being punished on the roles that I’m not even playing (thanks to a disconnect)

1 Like

you can rejoin, if you did there would be no penalty

if you got d/ced at end of game, you’re outta luck unfortunately

Nah I rejoined 1 min after the dc and I still lost the Sr and got suspended.

Yep, even if you rejoin you still lose SR and get a penalty.

If your internet is flakey, dont queue for comp, you are just screwing over people other than yourself.

1 Like

Pretty much this… you might feel bad cos you lost sr, but what about the people who probably lost a match cos they were playing without a player? Even if you join back, giving the enemy a 6v5 even for a while grants them a huge advantage.

If it happens once, that sucks, but you can recover that sr by playing more. If it’s happening frequently… maybe sort your internet out before playing comp. Personally I use a LAN cable on my ps4, otherwise my internet has a habit of cutting out.

Surprised I haven’t seen any “don’t play comp with bad internet then” posts

To op: that’s unfortunate. The system is pretty bad

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

It is very important to understand that your game connection can drop but not your internet, but this is NOT necessarily a problem with the game server itself. In most cases it is often something between you and the game server on the connection route. I typically recommend for most who see this sparingly to simply test several games of quick play before attempting to try to reque for Competitive. If you are having this problem frequently, forum MVPs like myself and Blizzard Technical Support can try to provide help. We do still recommend to work through standard troubleshooting steps even if you do not disconnect from your general internet connection, and we also recommend providing a connection test such as a WinMTR test to see how you are connecting to Overwatch. These steps help us to help you figure out your specific issue.

Please visit the technical support forum if you need additional assistance.