I'm kinda worried at the fact we haven't seen no new map announcement/teaser

All of the news about Activision is cutting Bliizzard costs across the board late 2018, and now we haven’t seen no new map announcement/teaser this month worries me.

Overwatch really, really doesn’t need future content being cut/delayed. IF we don’t get any new map this month I hope It’s the devs sacrificing map content for this month for something a lot better later in the year, like a brand new competitive game mode with multiple maps to start off with.
That would be worth the wait if this is the case.

1 Like

I’m not because they are working on something big.

Source for that?
Really wanna know

Kaplan teased that there’s more where that came from—just not for events. If you’re expecting the upcoming “Winter Wonderland” event to be as unrecognizable as your own backyard after it’s been blanketed in snow, you should probably keep those hopes in check, as Kaplan said that Winter Wonderland will “feel very similar to how it felt last year.”

Kaplan is more focused on what’s gonna happen a little further out, and he thinks it’ll all be worth the wait in the end. When pressed for specifics, however, he could only grin and tease in his trademark “awkward dad accidentally doing ASMR” sort of way.

“We do have a few tricks up our sleeves for next year that I think will be pretty cool,” he said. “When those moments happen, I think players will go, ‘Oh, I get what you’ve been doing now.’ It’s always hard because we try not to talk about things too early. To some of our players, one week is a long time. Others are a bit more sympathetic, and they get that things take time. But the team is working harder than they’ve ever worked before. They’re bigger than they’ve ever been before. So I really believe that there are great things coming for Overwatch.”

Source