Im just gonna dump a thought..... it's probably already been thought out or something but whatevs

so a friend asked me a question that got me to think quite a bit just now, he asked “what would you change in ow” and i figured something out that would make it a lot more enjoyable imo i think what they need to do is change it into more of a moba. cause as the game currently is it feels like it’s unsure on what it wants to be between an fps or a moba… you know, the two most toxic inducing games out there during loses and it feels like the two clash together and just forms this black hole of dread and misery when one is losing…so what i think they need to do is nerf ults HEAVILY and buff the charge requirement or just make it cooldown based as well, so that it’s like they have either just three skills or just a SLIGHTLY stronger skill than the other two, and then PUMP out character after character so that way it would become A LOT harder to be so focused on “ult economy” and it also opens up so many more compositions since you could pick out of more than 30 heroes making it harder to make a meta that is uncounterable… no clue if this was a good idea or something but i just wrote down a thought so, meh

Welcome to the forums! :blush:

That’s certainly an idea.

Or, as a less drastic of a change to ults across the board, they could just revert/rework Mercy with Mass Rez + Tweaks and work with it from there, since Mass Rez originally took care of punishing bad ult economy from the start.

Also, I’m not sure if putting everyone’s ults on a cooldown is a good idea. Some ults are too strong to be so common, and others don’t benefit from being on a fixed timer. There would have to be a lot of compromises for such a system I feel, and it may make the game a lot less rewarding to play (with the lack of building your ults and whatnot), IMO.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

The whole MOBA vs FPS conundrum is complicated, it affects all dimensions of the game. Your method here is probably on the right track, however Blizzard is not and they continue to add FPS heroes with MOBA esque abilities that create team compositions entirely revolving around said moba esque abilities/ultimates and removing almost all mechanical skill, the need to examine their weighting of Abilities : Ultimate : M1/M2 : Type Of The Former.

I believe it is already on the MOBAish path, yet they are just conducting it wrong, thus why we get such stale closed meta’s, they don’t have enough heroes and have the weighting is wrong.

I and many others would be against such an idea, given that mass rez was the very worst ability ever given to any hero in the history of this game.

You should change your name to “ConvertMercy”.

Cause you’re always converting every thread into a Mercy thead.

1 Like

Sad but true…