I'm in love with new Sombra

They made her easier because they expected players will play her more, just like how they decided to make Lucio’s wallride easier, with practice you could’ve done all this wallride stuff with Lucio before they changed his wallride, Sombra is no different, because for a “buff”, the devs were like “let’s just make her easier”

If you find her fun kudos to you…Sombra SHOULD be a fun character, but to all the Sombra players who actually took the time to learn her character and to adapt with her before her “buff”, the devs gave all those Sombra players a big F-U and made her easier just so more people will play her.

EASIER ISN’T ALWAYS BETTER

5 Likes

I’m going to counter the usual chatter about “Sombra was a nerf, revert, revert” of the typical old Sombra mains…

All she really lost was 13% or so off top speed, a slight inconvenience to place their Translocator (which is destroyable - which it should have been), and can no longer cheesily contest the point stealthed…

She can do everything she did before at a slightly slower speed with a little more care about the TL, and no more cheesy stall tactics…

She in turn gained an immense ability to scout and prepare for hacks at the right time…

All she really “lost” was the run & gun style so many Sombra mains were forced into then prided themselves on skill in that style. Now we have a more cerebral style for Sombra, and no longer the old Matrixy run & gun style emphasized so in that light it’s a “nerf”, ignoring the fact it’s a “buff” from the other perspective… I’m not wasting my time trying to convince those unable to see the move as beneficial, but its the move Blizzard wanted for Sombra and many do see the changes as beneficial… a lowered skill floor, yes, a slightly lowered potential at the very limits of play, but in turn will no doubt increase Sombra’s usage over time and make her more central to setting up plays instead of living on the edge of her old timers and making for more people an enjoyable character to play. All I have to say on this matter.

3 Likes

Thank You.

10characters

2 Likes

I am glad that you are having a blast with Sombra. The reason why many Sombra Mains have an issue with the new re-work is because her weakness and issue are still there, her bugs are still there and she is going suffer more with down-time more so than ever now.

Her kit can be intruppted and neglected by 5 damage or less.

all that is new to Sombra now is making her new-user friendly (easier), other than that the existing Sombra Mains who put hours to master a skilled known as micro-manage her cooldown well… it’s a waste now.

6 Likes

These statements speaks nothing but the truth.

4 Likes

I advice you take a look at this thread

as it display the pros and cons to the changes. I can’t edit it as the mod locked the edit portion for this thread, so somethings were modified.

Just focus on the Positive and Negatives part and not the suggestion as I was to show you why many Sombra Mains have issues with the newest buff to Sombra.

2 Likes

The thing I feel that people don’t understand is the way Sombra is NOW, you literally could’ve done before with just learning how the hero functioned.

It just annoys me how they literally dumbed her down and just made her easier for players, which in my opinion is not what she needed and is not the way to go and then call it a “buff”.

3 Likes

I enjoy using the new Sombra, however most of what can be done with her now could have been done by skilled enough players before. Her overall power hasn’t increased its just been redistributed throughout her kit. Its not as big of a nerf as we thought it would be, but its not a direct buff like we all wanted.

2 Likes

Making a Hero easier to play is a buff. It makes their contributions more consistent. Yes, Sombra can do all the same things as before - with less risk. She can also do more.

Sombra does not have more downtime, at all. A negligible speed reduction is nothing compared to always being in the right place when the right time comes along. Anybody who finds her to have more downtime is just using infinite stealth incorrectly. Just because you can wait doesn’t mean you should, and making those calls is a new skill element.

2 Likes

That’s great, and I’m glad you’re enjoying them, but I’ve given up on new Sombra.

New Sombra doesn’t have any of the thrill of the old playstyle, and the changes don’t even allow me to do anything I couldn’t do already. She’s literally the same for me, but worse.

Changes also force more downtime, decreasing Sombra’s already small presence on the battlefield. I’m honestly not sure what Blizzard even want to do with her, every change they make is then contradicted by the next change.

If they want to make her a recon-based support, then just commit and go all the way blizz.

4 Likes

I was playing tracer but my reactions are not fast enough. Sombre has a slightly more relaxed playstyle and allows forward planning.

Agreed! lol I know when we were playing CTF it just sad that many Sombra I Coe across are saying that

“She is finally fun to play” or “I can do x with Sombra now

The matter of the fact is that you could have done that with the original Sombra, of course you have to put in hours and just valuable time to learn how to micro-manage her cool downs, but overall I am noticing that I am playing less of Sombra now.

PS: You make one good Symmetra Main though as well!

2 Likes

Yes, let’s make all the heroes easier to play. Next, We’ll give Widow homing shots.

Making heroes easier isn’t the way to go.

Thanks, normally I play Sombra in ctf but earlier that day I lost 10 games in a row so I though it was time to brush up on some Sym.

2 Likes

They gave her changes she didn’t really need.

Same… for some odd reason it’s like my aim is getting wonky when I play Sombra lately… as I am aiming at a target and they escape with barley any health… Thanks to her RNG Spread lol, but I been playing nothing but supports in that game-mode now since no one like to go support lol.

2 Likes

I wish they would make Ayutthaya CTF the weekly arcade mode again because its the only arcade mode I actually enjoy now. To bad 2 of the 5 slots will be taken up by lucioball for the next 2 weeks. :frowning_face:

1 Like

This… My favorite mode is CTF and it sucks because I really don’t like to play Lucioball nor quickplay, but I have to play something that way I can maintain my endorse level 4…

2 Likes

all i been playing is ai and mystery heroes, and my endorsement level has been at 4 for a few weeks now.

I’m not 100% sure how the whole decay thing works

1 Like

Don’t listen to them, she is way stronger now but you need to team play.