I'm having a lot of network issues

I’ve called my ISP, done a speed test, reset my internet, switched ethernets, nothing is working.

In which, everything else is running just fine. But Overwatch is nearly unplayable with the countless of network problems. not getting hit markers or sounds, Tracer and others literally have ZERO particles on some of their abilities, so for someone like Tracer, quite literally vanishes from existence with no way to track.

People consistently teleport, teammates, enemies, things that register for me delay, and I even had my killfeed completely lie on what I died by. It said I died by a dragon blade from like the other side of the map when it was a Moria orb.

Again, network issues are only happening to OW while I’ve tested my internet in things other than OW and even asked my ISP if anything was wrong and everything else is just fine/

Speed tests measure how fast the connection can go, not the quality of the connection (packet loss, lag).

Your issue sounds like packet loss or hard drive issues. Are you seeing the big orange network icons in the top left corner?

This icon pulses when your client hasn’t heard from the server for a period longer than your interpolation delay. If this icon is consistently pulsing, it may indicate a connection problem, and can cause erratic behavior in game.

This icon will pulse when packet loss is detected. This could indicate a connection problem and can result in erratic game behavior if it goes on for an extended period of time.
Source: Diagnosing Overwatch Network Problems - Blizzard Support

Also, just wanted to answer something from your other thread: the forum is not a ticket system. Not all threads will be addressed by staff or players, and if you require direct assistance you’ll need to use their ticket system via the Support link at the top right of this page.