If you're getting a forced 50% win rate

Congratulations, you are probably the Sr you are supposed to be.

9 Likes

For real though! It’s too bad people can’t accept it, and say they can’t climb higher due to the matchmaker.

4 Likes

I would also add that 50% forced winrate is forced by your self and your skill :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also, it’s not technically a forced winrate at all, it’s a forced 50% CHANCE of win/lose, the win/loss part is still up to the player, and i’ve been in gold for a year so… I am a gold player ha.

1 Like

You don’t seem to understand the concept of handicapping. Please read my thread on the subject:

4 Likes

“In this way, you can experience the same difficulty playing at most competitive ranks, regardless of how good you are.”
I feel like the current system is necessary to attempt to combat the overwhelming number of alt accounts.
I think you make some excellent points but in no way is it a contradiction to my statement.
The system is doing exactly as it is intended to even if you don’t agree that it’s the most fair and balanced way to do it.
I can agree that it’s not a perfect system but it’s just another system thats faults are largely caused by the abuse of the community.

2 Likes

Forcing a match towards 50/50 outcomes != forced 50% winrate.
See you next class.

P.S. This game uses hidden scoring to handicap and rigg matches towards an expected outcome. Every alt necessarily breaks rank distribution. And 4+ years without a reset is inexcusable.

1 Like

It always blows my mind that people think they are better than they are. You will have a gold player saying like I should be diamond then I play against them and I’m like well thats a gold.

2 Likes

My 74% winrate on Zarya and my 67%win rate on doom laughs at this.

2 Likes

Exactly. Winrate % is different. This game rigs for 50/50 outcomes and tight margins of victory (MoV). People’s personal winrates can be all over the place, but each match is shipped with an attempt at “fair” chances, using criteria that are hidden (MMR), weighted towards current gameplay session, and disconnected from the resulting payout (SR).

Your numbers say you’re not at the SR you belong in, or you’re able to consistently overperform (surprisal) the classifiers expectations of you on the team. That doesn’t mean your games aren’t artificially handicapped. With you expected to do the lion’s share of the work, as a kind of designated carry for the rank.

For example, your knapsacking contribution (KSR) could cut-off at say, 25% of the team (well above the “equitable” 16.7%). You’re still dominating, but the game was handicapping you and rigging around it.

The rigging and handicapping are always in place.
That doesn’t mean they can’t be overcome.

Nah mate I just got good

5 Likes