If you still believe matchmaking works look at this

https:// imgur .com/awPd5k9

Remove spaces to see the link

2 Likes

and that’s on PC, imagine console.

Ah. The thrill of competitive, it seems.

That’s incredibly unlucky. The likelihood of that happening is so low, Scott didn’t even bother putting it in the report on the statistics for group matchmaking. A six-stack vs all solo queue matchup is so astronomically rare during normal gameplay hours (especially prime time and in Platinum, the second largest rank) that I’m surprised this happened to begin with. You got struck by lightning, my friend.

1 Like

Maybe 6 stack is rare, but 3 or 4 vs 0 happens a lot more

3 Likes

those are most likely lfg stacks, which aren’t even real 3-6 stacks

The punishment that we must take.

Yup on console it feels like they just match everyone who is available at that point
As plat i get diamond, gold bronze and silvers in my team…

2 Likes

That is not what I#m witnessing on console.
But the amount of players most likely dropped drastically for us and I’m afraid poor match quality will further accelerate that process.

1 Like

It’s not just that it’s a 6 stack, it’s seems to be pretty clear it is 6 friends that probably play together a lot. I doubt 6 randoms who met in LFG would all swap to the same profile pic.

2 Likes
1 Like

keep in mind those statistics are from last year (prior to at least 6/18). Less players will increase the likelihood which is why it probably happens even in lower ranks now.
Less players = less 6 stacks etc.
This is why groups with a wider MMR gap are annoying to play with and against as solo player.

I don’t trust blizzard’s posts.

2 Likes

That’s a little irrelevant though. My point is that the chance of getting into a match as 6 solo queuers vs a 6 stack (regardless of whether it’s friends or randoms using LFG) is so astronomically low that a Blizzard dev didn’t even bother putting the statistic up on it because it’s below so far below 1%. For a team of all solo queuers, 73% of matches will be against another solo queue team. 24% will be against a team with one duo queue, and only a mere 3% see anything else whatsoever. That 3% includes multiple duo stacks, trio stacks, quad stack, five-stack, and six-stack with each getting rarer by magnitudes.

weird, I’m just playing in one of those matches.
Not the first time btw. ppl abuse the system but hey… who cares
welp and its a loss… So gimme ****** break about statistics from last year and remove that exploit out of comp.
AT LEAST DON’T DO IT ON 2CP MAPS JESUS CHRIST

1 Like