If you spam "I need healing" when you are dead I'm not healing you anymore

that mercy pocket happens mostly with smurfs, and normally that mercy is atleast 1 or 2 elos below :smiley:

1 Like

Those who thinks the report button is only the solution, you never play healer imo.

3 Likes

Not healing is considered game play sabotage tho…

1 Like

Sometimes. After I spoke up she kinda stammered a bit and said something along the lines of “but the Roadhog!” (kinda made me feel bad for snapping)

“he’s unnecessarily trying to flank and still getting no picks, stay with the team and let him do what he wants”

I may have been playing this game a while but games like this remind me of peoples different levels of awareness, skill, and experience.

Prob coulda won that game had I sucked it up and talked from the get-go but it can be exhausting and sometimes you just want to focus on your own play. We tanks just don’t get that kinda luxury I suppose.

I will warn you, the first one is one of 3: yeah I know i cant heal you on the other side of the universe; Yes I know-everyone needs healing right now youre not alone; And the most frustrating WHY ARE YOU RUNNING?! (insert meme here).
If you keep doing it, Im gonna warn you again to stop.
And then imma start ignoring you. Not in the sense that I wont heal you ever or anything, but you better bet my priority will be healing the rest of the team that isnt making me deaf with their spam, and you better be in my immediate healing range/los cause you theres no way in hell im gonna go out of my way to save you.

THE most annoying people to me are the ones that do this while being full aware that they are either running away from the fight to a health pack, or are in a crazy spot where theres no way to be healed.
STOP doing this, I dont think you get how much of a mess you can make with this, especially if youre somewhere behind me (widow, hanzo,phara, ashe etc). the stupid amount of times I have died because I turn around trying to heal you only to find youre hiding or running further away from my LOS to a health pack hurts my soul. Same goes for the amount of teammates that died because I wasnt healing them cause you cant decide if you wanna peak me to heal you. You pull this you have one warning, after that ill heal you if youre in my LOS I am not turning around or trying to chase you down, or hope you will grace me with a peak while youre spamming me so I can heal you.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks! I appreciate that :slight_smile:

Funny enough, I couldn’t post at all yesterday. I wasn’t banned, but I wasn’t sure at first and opened a ticket. There was some sort of error with my account haha!

This is essentially what I try as well. I feel that getting too verbally upset or annoyed just make things worse, and ai don’t want to stop healing. Normally if I’m calm and just say I’m trying and mention what will help me out, people respond well enough to that.

After all, no one likes dying lol.

3 Likes

In a game I got the same case than OP a Rein died alone don’t wait to regroup and spam like 5 or 6 time I need healing, I understand OP I don’t want to heal him anymore. And it’s more frustrating when I’m a solo healer.

Amen !

In self defense I have played in sub plat elos and reliable heals are not a thing. This is why different ranks tend to nurture poor habits.

When I started one-tricking Hammond my SR took a major hit (along with a few other reason) I ended up in low silver. It was super hard to nip the habit of running the second I took some damage to a health pack because in low Elos I would never get healed but good lord can I just wreck a team when I’m reliably getting heals in Plat/Damond

Good you got it sorted out. I would hate to lose you on the forums. There are so few like you and RichC, and too much negativity.

1 Like

I completely get that. Im not sure we are talking about the same thing tho. So for example today I had a Phara on illios well that was spamming I need healing WHILE running away from the fight to the big health pack in the room back when you leave spawn. I literally wasted a ton of my time turning around and trying to figure out what she was doing and would she peak me to heal her. Not only did she put me in danger, she put my team in danger cause Im not healing them. Thats the type of stuff where you get ignored unless you come to me. She literally spammed I need healing all the way to the health pack. Not even exagerating.

Nope your completely right. We were not talking about the same thing. I can’t say I’ve experienced that a lot but damn does it sound super annoying and stupid.

1 Like

But do you?

Best advice switch to Zen if you don’t play Mercy.

It is fine. I counter report with spam. I am not healing them either. I am not a healer main, so I would not test my patience when I play them. If you slightly cross me, you are getting zero heals. Do not act like an animal and I will top you off. Otherwise, have fun bb.

3 Likes

just gonna say the same thing I’ve been saying for over 2 years. Support mains as a group are the most toxic players, and way too sensitive for the good of this game.

Imagine if dps say I’m gonna stop killing enemies if you keep calling out targets for focus fire.

5 Likes

@op Good to know you’re a liability, for console players.

I imagine that the analogy is not following the same circumstances at all.

Exactly, super annoying and stupid.
it tends to happen a lot with Widows, pharas, ashe, passive junkrats etc. Usually I tell them to stop spamming if they are hiding/ not run away from me if they want heals, and if they keep doing it,ill ignore their pings and heal them if I see them.

Today has honestly been an interesting day since I also managed to have a Bastion I ended up ignoring because he kept running away from me as soon as anyone touched him and running out of lamp (was baptiste) and spamming me for heals. Like mate, its just 1 genji, calm down and stop running from my defensive cds.

It doesnt really matter unless youre already on them. All healers in the game have range and LOS restrictions. Just because Im playing Zen or Mercy doesnt mean I can fly to you or give you an orb through a wall.

1 Like

I am not tanking you then. GL with 4 dps, you just lost your main tank.

In all seriousness, do you believe that someone who actively stopped healing someone is going to be heart broken that you swapped off tank? Spoiler alert, I highly doubt it.