If you see a smurf, report them

To assume that people buy second accounts simply to troll the lower levels just screams of narcissism haha… not everyone is out to get you!

Speaking personally… I bought my second account because the game was on sale and I’d already used my free name change. My friends and I all wanted to make accounts with similar names to show we were “on a team” of sorts. It’s been a lot of fun and enabled me to learn the support role (I’m a tank main on my main account).

And you know what? I, too, still lose games all the time, sometimes even embarrassingly so. And those losses are my problem, not the problem of the player who had some extra cash laying around and decided to buy another account.

Stop placing so much emphasis on a players rank/level/border and instead focus on improving your play.

Before private profiles it was possible to tell, you could see which heroes they smurfed with and which heroes they threw with to maintain low ranking by drastic winrate differences. Now, not so much other then gut feeling I guess.

Smurfs are like 30 year old men joining a youth boxing club and having to watch them prance around the 10 year old they just KO’d.

It is unfortunate that there is literally nothing you can do about such things on the internet. Other than quit the game which I have been seeing a lot fellow low rankers doing or thinking about doing.

1 Like

So if someone who is, say, a mid diamond player who wants to get better with tanks (dps main) but doesn’t dare do it on that account. Is he or she then not allowed to practice and get better at tanking on another account? Just because people have other accounts does not make them smurfs. A plat can have an alternate account but that is not a smurf account, just an alternate account. So what.
Naturally, if someone on a pretty fresh alt account trolls they’ll get reported and I encourage all to do the same just don’t put the same label on the different kinds of kinds. Smurf account and alt accounts are different things.