If you see a smurf, report them

I’m using their definitions.

“Smurfing” is not a reportable offense.

Playing “too good” is not a reportable offense.

Smurfing is bannable.

Throwing games in order to abuse lower ranks is bannable.

Usually find them in Comp or QP.

I love joining a game and seeing a two man on my team both level 10 called GeNjii_SMuurFFxxx/ WIDooW_SMuurFF xDXd

**** casuals

You can’t trust an angry person currently getting trashed by a “smurf” to be able to addequitely define what a smurf is in order to report them.

It’s a fair assumption to make that Overwatch isn’t the first game everyone has played.

Link the rules that says it.

Throwing games has always been reportable. But you’re not talking about throwing games, you are reporting:

This isn’t throwing and isn’t reportable.

The top 500 widow that is for 4 consecutive seasons in bronze with his level 600 smurf-account called Top500SmurfEX-DEEE does the following:
Grief matches with top 500 gameplay until he’s out of bronze.
Passive aggressively throw games until he’s back in bronze.

You’re not fooling anyone with that, mate.
Smurfing is griefing.

If you’re innocent, let that be revised by Blizzard.
Easy.

I usually see them when the season is over and they want to use Qp to rank up cause they are under 25. It’s that time when I play another game cause they do tend to make games one-sided

“Griefing” was removed because people like you kept making up your own definition, and you’re still doing the same thing.

Link where Blizzard said to report smurfs, or link any report description that says to report someone for playing too good for their rank.

Anyone throwing the current game is reportable, regardless if they’re a smurf or not. Playing “too good” or “they used to be higher rank” is not, and has never been, a reportable offense.

What should be easy is for Blizzard to go read posts like yours and slap that ban button on you and OP for bragging about false reporting.

Thats called false reporting.
It doesnt matter if YOU count it as cheating, Blizzard themselves have said that its not bannable and that only boosting is.

1 Like

“Punish everyone whos better than me”

This is exactly how this game ended up a pile of flaming sheet. Enjoy this awful brain dead of a game. You guys won lmao, enjoy this hugbox of a game.

Meanwhile FPS players are actual playing a skilled hero based shooter in Apex and Moba player will never go back to OW after they realize they had it better.

You don’t know what a smurf is.
Why haven’t you mentioned that earlier?

www.urbandictionary. com/define.php?term=smurf

Stop dodging the question, link where Blizzard said “smurfing” is reportable. You say you’re using Blizzard’s definition. Link those definition.

What does it take for a top 500 widow to stay in bronze for 4 consecutive seasons on a level 600 account only played in competitive?
Huh? What is it?
You guessed it. He needs to throw games to keep the smurf being a smurf.

He’s griefing both ways.
He wouldnt be staying there if he was playing normally as suggested by Blizzard.
He’s smurfing instead of climbing.

Can you just come out and admit that you have one?

That’s not true, this is one of my alt accounts and I have had a few instances where I got lucky and fragged out only to have the enemy team start saying they were going to report me as my low level indicated I was obviously a smurf.

I mean… I was a plat support main in a high silver/low gold game as McCree, who I’m just trying to get decent enough with to play at a plat level, and these people were acting like I was top 500 in bronze just because I got lucky and managed to click 4 heads in a row.

1 Like

Smurfs ain’t that bad to fight against unless they’re in a six stack.
If there’s a smurf with 5 other teammates at a lower skill level with them, then it ain’t an issue to worry about.

It’s always good to actually have a challenge against a highly skilled player for a better experience in game sense. Smurfs ain’t that bad if you know what you’re doing.

This, too. Even a GM smurf is going to get stomped if the rest of his team is bronze and the enemy team has enough wherewithal to identify him as an issue and focus him to keep him off the field.

When I’m playing DPS I actually make it a point to try to eliminate anyone I believe might be a smurf/whoever is threatening my team the most anyway.

1 Like

Stop dodging the elephant in the room.

A smurf is a smurf, because he’s staying where he is - somewhere he doesnt belong - and for staying there, he needs to grief matches.
Griefing is a TOS-violation.
Get it mate.

It is allowed by Blizzard to create an account and play normally as that would drive the account where it belongs rather quickly.

A smurf-account wouldnt be a smurf-account if he went where he belonged though - wouldnt it?
He’s not playing normally. He alternates between griefing and griefing some more.

Link where the TOS says playing “too good” is griefing.