If you people want dive to end

Very true. Winston at the game’s release was very strong because you were able to run two Winstons. When a single hero limit was implemented, Winston became much weaker. Then when D.Va was buffed, Winston became very strong again. It’s all about his synergy with other heroes, not about his individual toolkit.

1 Like

Winston is fine in my opinion.
D.va…could do with some toning down in at least one area. She’s practically a 600hp mobile DPS. There’s no reason to have the HP of a Roadhog, armor, defense matrix, the ability to fly, plus a second life.

3 Likes

When we have no restrictions on team comps the meta will always revolve around the single strongest strategy. If dive is artificially removed soon the other comp will take it’s place.

We only had 1 period with dive/deathball balance on pro scene and it was right before Winston buffs.

Because neither of them feel particularly OP to play as or against. I don’t think Dive is dominant because of any hero is too strong. I feel it’s just the nature of the game based on it’s map design, and the core objectives of the game.

I just don’t feel like direct heroes nerfs will be good in the long run. Mobility is always going to be dominant unless the nerf the heroes into the ground to where no one wants to play them, or the slower heroes are OP.

1 Like

Without Winston there is no dive.

Bridgette.

20 chars.

Because Dive was in full swing before either were touched. Indicating that neither of them were the instigator for Dive meta.

Winston has only gotten one perceivable buff (which happened months into the dive meta) which was his shield CD change.

D.va went through all sort of changes but this also occured well after dive was in full swing.

These two do not define the meta. They benefit from it.

He has 60dps and a maximum range of 8 metres how is that “too strong”

dive is probably one of the better comps to watch and probably more skill and coordination to play tbh.

people like seeing things get blown up.

I don’t think many people want dive gone completely, I think people just want it to be optional, not mandatory.

DVA takes a lot of skill to pull off effectively. I agree, winston should be changed.

Because having bigger numbers doesn’t dictate strength in this game.

Winston is fine, rarely played outside of dive. Dva is played everywhere though.

Dive is a very complex thing. It’s not just a comp but an entire strategic approach.

wish i could like this a million times.

Because D.va and Winston are fine. Their combination with other characters for an incredibly minimal counter team comp are the problem. We don’t need to nerf every character till they drop out of the meta and the game in general, we need to introduce new ones with new ways to attack these metas and shut them down.