If you need a reason why widow is getting nerfed here's why

I still disagree with the health nerf.

Her HP isn’t the problem, grapple is.

This is exactly why. Look at this well designed sniper hero get dived, by what is supposedly her counter, as she jolts into the air with grapple and still finds someone ELSE to one shot…

(And peep the 360 the monkey did before jumping sht was clean)

3 Likes

I really don’t understand anyone’s complains

She grapples away because she has enough health to survive a dive and grapple away, you could give her 150hp with an 8sec grapple and she would be getting away even less

You could keep the 200hp with a 20s grapple and she would still be getting away, that doesn’t change anything

She gets away less? Maybe, but she would always get away the first dive, and if Everytime she gets away she kills everyone, then 20s cooldown won’t change that

4 Likes

Grapple hook isn’t the problem and jump shot kills are cool

5 Likes

That’s why suggestions for grapple nerfs… aren’t her cooldown?

But mostly to cancel grapple and put it on a short cooldown if she gets shot at?

That’s most people suggestions.

My suggestion is to outright decrease the range of it. So you don’t FINALLY close distance between her and she puts an automatic 25-30 meters of space between you two again, with grapple.

It most definitely is.

It is the PRECISE reason why she’s so uncounterable…

No one can dive her BECAUSE of grapple.

No one said they aren’t cool?

Cool doesn’t mean something can be unbalanced sir.

6 Likes

This depends
Would it help in dive?
Yeah

Would it suck if she’s just getting sniped by dva? Yeah, that’d mean the ability needs a minimum damage to actually get cancelled

This really depends, would she still be able to reach the sniper highgrounds? If not, then I’m not down

They could also decrease the speed at which she travels with grapple, so the ability works more as a reposition rather than escape tool

Which I’m perfectly okay with.

Lower the range from 20 meters to 10 meters.

There’s not a single highground on this game she can’t reach with 10 meter hook.

That or just decrease the range of momentum she gets afterwards which practically launches her an extra 10 meters.

4 Likes

I have no problem diving on her as Doomfist. Grapple hook has a longer cool down than other heroes with mobility abilities. It has been nerfed twice

1 Like

Try diving on her when her ability isn’t on CD.

You can’t.

She’ll grapple out of combo easily and then you can do nothing to her.

You just used all your abilities just to reach her and she completely negated your combo with a click of a button.

There’s a reason widow hard counters doomfist.

So unless your already right next to her and she just uses grapple for whatever reason, you aren’t getting her as easy as you say.

6 Likes

what do you expect her to do, when a BUBBLED winston dives her with Echo… It’s their fault for not killing her right there on the spot.

3 Likes

Lol dude u play at playstation , no offence but the difference is like VERY BIG

1 Like

Dude hes a psn player

The health nerf is fine, for being able to one shot, being a bit of a glass cannon makes sense.

thats what I am saying, people don’t understand that since peel is so much better now, grapple will always get off, her health just makes her worse against everyone, if we just made her counters better at the actual job and changed grapple into something that isn’t so free it would be balanced

3 Likes

Her one shot is faster than anything they could possibly do to kill her, especially since she just grappled.

The health nerf doesn’t fix her problems, it just makes her design even worse. Two things will happen, a. she will be so bad and just cripple at even a breath of fire that nobody will play her and ashe will replace her or b. she still stays strong because obviously she still has grapple and gets peel in high ranks because of great design

The argument you are making is entirely based on what a hero CAN do and not what they CONSISTENTLY do. The shot you are using as an anecdote is not the norm.

It was a fantastic shot under pressure. Why should she not be able to do this? It was both skillful and left her vulnerable for follow up now that she has used grapple.

Is your idea of a fair sniper one that cannot get great kills under pressure? That she has to exclusively only be able to do so when no one cares about her?

I don’t see that as anywhere close to fair when mobility costs no where near as much for those who dive her compared to her moderate cooldown.

1 Like

The majority of her problems are the players though, not the hero herself.

The devs have made as easy to shut down as possible, and if she’s still a problem that’s on you and your team.

25 less health means Winston, Dva, and Ball have no excuse not to secure a kill on her. 25 less health means McCree can one tap her with a damage boost, that Genji can dash and alt fire on her head. She has a lot more interactions that mean certain death. If you’re not taking advantage of those weakenesses the devs can not fix that problem.

4 Likes

True. However, the likelihood of the enemy letting you one-shot is very tiny if the enemy plays the way they are supposed to be playing. There are other things to take into considerations. Shields, bubbles, aim punches, skill effects, players blocking sights I can go on and on, and I haven’t even mentioned " aim" or player " skill level"

2 Likes

She isn’t a problem in low ranks, thats not the point. In high ranks people actually look our for their teammates, and we balance for high ranks. Widow is very strong their, so is ashe.

Still means mercy, brig, zarya, can all have an excuse to peel for her, add to the fact you have to go past tank and support lines sometimes to reach her. The thing about this health change is, that it will either gut the hero (shouldn’t happen no matter how bad the character is) or it still lets her get away. Instead, actually let counterplay happen when your getting dive. Widow is already objectively worse then launch its not hard to balance her correctely. We get out of power creep and now everyone wants nerfs to characters who are doing well

So Widow players who take the time to get good should just be shut down period?

No, that’s not how game design works. You learn your weaknesses and how to avoid putting yourself in situations where they can get you killed. No nerf is going to fix good mechanical skill or smart play.

So in other words when her team mates are backing her up, and giving her support, she’s a problem.

How is this not just how Overwatch is supposed to work in general? If the Tanks and Supports are doing their job and it enables Widow to do well, then everything is working EXACTLY as it’s supposed to. If it wasn’t the Widow it’d be the Tank who just bulldozed your team, or the Mercy who Rez’d them, and so on.

1 Like