If you leave competitive game (for any reason) you should be auto suspended

disconnections, power went out, the dog ate the internet.
Doesnt matter.

Auto suspension for a whole month. You leave 3 times. Auto ban for the whole season.

1 Like

What about when the SERVER kicks you and it’s Blizzard’s fault? Should the victim get punished too?

8 Likes

If you make stupid forum threads (for any reason) you should be auto suspended.

26 Likes

3 times? That’s less than Blizz’s servers crapping out every season.
Everyone would be banned lol

1 Like

Hello this is Bernard from blizzard support, the problem can’t be servers, make sure to do the following 27 useless fixes manually before contacting our auto reply bot again, no suspension will be removed because we are blizzard and we make no mistakes.

11 Likes

Nah. Maybe once blizzard stabilizes the servers their running on. Until then, this is a terrible idea.

1 Like

Seasons are 2 months long. Not sure if you checked your math there.

1 Like

I’m not a math genius, but if you get suspended for 1 month in a season that is long 2 months, you can’t get banned 3 times.

Duh.

1 Like

this is an atrocious idea. for one leave? maybe 3 days at most.

1 Like

Would be hilarious if they did implement this and it happened to you.

5 Likes

It happened to me when the Servers were being DDoS’d.
I told Blizzard and they said to me they can’t get SR back, or take the ban off.

why should you be penalized for such a long time over one time? i mean sure it sucks to have a leaver on your team, but if you lose when you only have 5 you lose less SR. the system is pretty good right now if you ask me.

Exactly what I was thinking. XD

Anyone can be victim of random power / internet outages. Shouldn’t punish innocent people for crap out of their control.

I’ve left one comp game in my entire life, and that was the reason. Totally 100% unforeseeable power outage at like 1AM. No storms, no weather alerts, nothing. Just bam, random outage. Zero percent my fault.

If I had gotten a month ban for that, I’d have been pretty irate.

1 Like

Hm, how do I put this…

No… no… no.

1 Like

The only good forum is a forum with no posts.

*they’re

it’s impossible. Season is 2 months

I think that is the key thing to think about here. I mean, it is frustrating for anybody to have a teammate leave, especially not knowing if they just rage quit. But when you pay for the best internet you can possibly get, and you still occasionally have a random blip that takes a couple minutes to reset, what is the solution?

The starting suspension for any leaver in Competitive Play is 10 minutes, but will quickly increase with frequent leaver violations. It takes a little as six leaver violations to trigger a season ban and three season bans at any time will trigger a permanent ban from Competitive Play on that account. The starting time is small because Blizzard knows that uncontrollable factors like disconnections and power outages do occur. So it serves a deterrent for players to avoid Competitive Play until the issues in question can be resolved.

Your proposal is extremely harsh and does not consider the wide scope of issues playing games on the world wide web has. Leavers are unfortunate, however you can often minimize the impact from leavers in your own games by choosing to group up with trusted friends.